Difference between TV Monitor and Arcade Monitor

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can a 25" Tv tube be used in a jamma cab and if so what needs to be
done to make it work?

Thanks,
Eric

Eric, this has been beaten to death. Google "tube swapping" and "arcade
monitor" and you will find what you need.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?board=4%3baction=display%3bthreadid=5448%3bstart=0

check out 8liners.com for info on the chassis. This is probably the
easiest way for you to do this.

Pat D.

Pat D wrote:
> Eric, this has been beaten to death. Google "tube swapping" and
"arcade
> monitor" and you will find what you need.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?board=4%3baction=display%3bthreadid=5448%3bstart=0

> check out 8liners.com for info on the chassis. This is probably the
> easiest way for you to do this.
>
> Pat D.
>

> Eric wrote:
> > Can a 25" Tv tube be used in a jamma cab and if so what needs to be
> > done to make it work?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eric

It doesn't sound like his question involves "tube swapping" or getting
an "arcade monitor".

It seems that he wants to use an actual TV. IF that is the case I would
assume a converter would be needed.

Nevertheless, the search at http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm should
help.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, new York.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Darren, yeah that is actually what I am looking at, have an
older 25" sharp that the plastic casing got busted up on so boxed it up
and want to use it in my first cab. Did a couple of different google
searches but wasn't finding any relevant information so figured this
was the place to ask. Now I just have to decide if I am going to buy
or build the cab from scratch. Thanks for the info guys!