Your question
Closed

Circuit City is Back, Sorta

Last response: in News comments
May 26, 2009 7:30:25 PM

OOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD news
Score
May 26, 2009 7:33:10 PM

I think it would be cool if they turned them into a "pick up" location for orders on their other sites (Tiger Direct, CompUSA, etc). Perhaps knock 50% off shipping costs or something if they do in-store pickup.
Score
Related resources
May 26, 2009 7:42:36 PM

What a tremendous loss, they went baknkrupt for a reason, the pick up type location is a good idea though, they could also be used as an outlet type store for overstock and clearance
Score
May 26, 2009 7:51:30 PM

Im .. really not sure why anyone would want them back, they always had really terrible customer service and way over priced products. I think they went out of business for a reason.....
Score
May 26, 2009 8:10:55 PM

AntilycusOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD news

Quote:
On May 19 the Circuit City brand and website was purchased by Systemax Inc.,

Yes it is old news, but it was official just last week.

I always liked CC. Most everything I personally looked at was cheaper than BB - maybe a locale/regional thing (I live in the county it was based in)? Either way competition is needed and BB is a monopoly in the market now. Who else would you say can equate to the sheer size of them in electronics retail - Radio Shack, Target, Wal-mart? Maybe if you combine all of them into one sales figure and factor in all of the little guys as well.
Score
May 26, 2009 8:12:22 PM

Maybe now I can return the broken video card I got for $25 that VisionTek just won't repair cause it's not hardware defect... :( 
Score
May 26, 2009 9:03:21 PM

dman3kMaybe now I can return the broken video card I got for $25 that VisionTek just won't repair cause it's not hardware defect...

That sucks. Did you buy it on clearance when they were going out of business? I went in when they were going out of business and picked up a Logitech G15 and a G9 for $70 each for my upcoming build (but I'm using them now anyway).
Score
May 26, 2009 9:21:49 PM

When are they going to bring back Federated? :) 
Score
May 26, 2009 11:27:32 PM

Who really is overjoyed by the fact that Circuit City is back?
Score
May 26, 2009 11:33:56 PM

Got the grand opening email from CC... saw some pretty good deals. Unfortunately NewEgg has them still beat out.
Score
May 27, 2009 12:03:38 AM

doomtombWho really is overjoyed by the fact that Circuit City is back?

I dunno it seems like a carbon copy of compusa.com to me after looking up a part for someone today who wanted to order from circuit city. Would be better if the b&m was back, I don't really want to shop at best buy. But I guess regardless I can do all my shopping online either way.
Score
May 27, 2009 12:17:22 AM

overpriced... i always hated circuit shitty same as i do butt buy. But local pickup places would be awesome, if newegg did that i'd be balls deep in a whore named debt on pc parts, it's easier to avoid if you can't go pick it up today. haha.
Score
May 27, 2009 4:55:48 AM

I was glad to see them die. Good riddance. I use "circuit-city" as a curse word. Like when I stub my toe on the edge of my bed I always yell "CIRCUIT CITY......"
Score
May 27, 2009 4:56:40 AM

and Newegg FTW!
Score
May 27, 2009 8:20:49 AM

Circuit Shitty was always a sub-rate store. I worked there for a few months and it only worsened my opinion. I want it to exist simply so that Best Buy and Walmart have competition. But I never liked CC and I won't start now.
Score
May 27, 2009 11:56:52 AM

Circuit City was good electronic store back to 80s, They treated badly against vendor or mfg., so that was the reason why they run out of business. Circuit city treated customer nice in some place, but the return policy are really SxxK! I totally agreed (nachowarrior, reasonance451 and davidgbailey reviews)
Score
May 27, 2009 12:48:11 PM

The Circut City.com website is a mirror of CompUSA. They only bought the name. Its kind of like the current Commodore and Amiga companies that have NOTHING to do with C= or Amigas from the 80~90s.
Score
May 27, 2009 1:11:03 PM

When those doors open ill be putting my resume in for management, working there was the most fun i ever had. I was rated #1 for customer service and #4 in sales. Now i work at disney world which is ironically the SAME THING except i dont sell anything i just talk to customers and make them happyand smile just like in circuit city. This is my 3rd day at disney today and im already the best in my work location and thats all thanks to Circuit City's superior customer service.

Thanks for making the article jane, trust me ill be the first to know when the physical stores open, and ill give you the article :D  .
Score
May 27, 2009 1:13:04 PM

tiredwolfIm .. really not sure why anyone would want them back, they always had really terrible customer service and way over priced products. I think they went out of business for a reason.....

Corruption stock fell from $5 to $0.15 in a MONTH, the CEO blamed us employee's for their mistakes. Bush fucked up our economy and our CEO fucked us over as well.
Score
May 27, 2009 1:15:35 PM

Corruption, stock*

Score
May 27, 2009 1:59:28 PM

articleSo this isn’t a resurrection of Circuit City. Sniff.

Why the sniff? Was there Circuit City's in Ireland?
Score
May 27, 2009 2:55:21 PM

thegh0stWhy the sniff? Was there Circuit City's in Ireland?

Touché although that doesn't mean I haven't been in one.
Score
May 27, 2009 2:56:39 PM

Are you kidding me? Circuit City for the most part was a terrible overpriced store. Up until the last couple years with thier newer image, it was a dark dungeon, with smarmy commissioned sales persons. Terrible and good riddance.
Score
May 27, 2009 3:30:00 PM

chaosgs
it's always funny when people that know nothing about politics or business use them in their posts
Score
May 27, 2009 4:03:24 PM

coolkev99Are you kidding me? Circuit City for the most part was a terrible overpriced store. Up until the last couple years with thier newer image, it was a dark dungeon, with smarmy commissioned sales persons. Terrible and good riddance.

Non commissioned sales. If you dont know, than stfu.

mmast0chaosgsit's always funny when people that know nothing about politics or business use them in their posts

Yeah you mean like coolkev99.
Score
May 27, 2009 6:57:30 PM

Circuit City was always better than Good Guys and I'd rather give CC my money than Best Buy. It's a different company now, so I just stick with newegg like the other smart posters on this thread ;) 
Score
May 27, 2009 7:15:45 PM

JMcEntegartTouché although that doesn't mean I haven't been in one.

no need for the "touché". I was just actually curious. seemed like an odd thing to me since previously you said you're in Ireland which is a place I wouldn't expect Circuit City's to have any presence. =) etc., etc. and I think you can see what I mean.
Score
May 27, 2009 8:46:42 PM

ChaosGSWhen those doors open ill be putting my resume in for management, working there was the most fun i ever had. I was rated #1 for customer service and #4 in sales. Now i work at disney world which is ironically the SAME THING except i dont sell anything i just talk to customers and make them happyand smile just like in circuit city. This is my 3rd day at disney today and im already the best in my work location and thats all thanks to Circuit City's superior customer service.Thanks for making the article jane, trust me ill be the first to know when the physical stores open, and ill give you the article .

did you even read the article ?
Score
May 27, 2009 9:51:26 PM

thegh0stno need for the "touché". I was just actually curious. seemed like an odd thing to me since previously you said you're in Ireland which is a place I wouldn't expect Circuit City's to have any presence. =) etc., etc. and I think you can see what I mean.

I think the only reason they'll be ever so slightly missed by me is because I was able to buy cheap stuff when I shopped there. If only because when I went to Circuit City, it was a buck fifty to the euro so everything was cheap. The staff were also super nice, but then again, American store clerks greet you when you enter the shop, Irish shop assistants leave you alone. :) 
Score
!