SEGA Model 2

Hi,

Can I trnsform a Sega Rally Cab to Daytona one, by replacing the Roms board?

I hear about filter board, what is it?

Thnnks
BP

I believe Rally is a 2C while Daytona is a 2 which would make the main
boards incompatible...

the filter board is the board that's attached to the metal cage... the cards
plug into it and the cables on the other end... it has a bunch of passive
components to protect the circuit board from bad outside influences.

"BigPanik" <none@none.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can I trnsform a Sega Rally Cab to Daytona one, by replacing the Roms
> board?
>
> I hear about filter board, what is it?
>
> Thnnks
> BP

No you can't, Daytona 1 has the older Model 1 style wiring, totally
different filter board and pinout, Sega Rally is Model 2A CRX, and is more
common. So no you can't unless you totally rewire.

Also Daytona 1 is the older style Model 2 with different memory map,
external sound board and I/O board.

So what boards can you put in a sega rally championship ?

( i.e. will interchange easily ? )

- Chris.
www.myarcadegames.com
( Perth, Western Australia )

Chris Bedwell wrote:
> So what boards can you put in a sega rally championship ?
>
> ( i.e. will interchange easily ? )

If I recall, Rally Championship doesn't use a security dongle so you
should be able to use Virtua Fighter 2, Zero Gunner, Dynamite Cop, Sky
Target, Pilot Kids (etc., etc.) 2A CRX boards (not sure on the filter
boards though).

Clive
--
Board repairs. The Coin-Op Cauldron
Onsite/offsite game repairs. Easley, SC

sorry, let me clarify..

Other driving type games.. that will work in the same dedicated cabinet...

- Chris.
www.myarcadegames.com
( Perth, Western Australia )

"Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive)" <Clivejonesen@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Chris Bedwell wrote:
>> So what boards can you put in a sega rally championship ?
>>
>> ( i.e. will interchange easily ? )
>
> If I recall, Rally Championship doesn't use a security dongle so you
> should be able to use Virtua Fighter 2, Zero Gunner, Dynamite Cop, Sky
> Target, Pilot Kids (etc., etc.) 2A CRX boards (not sure on the filter
> boards though).
>
> Clive
> --
> Board repairs. The Coin-Op Cauldron
> Onsite/offsite game repairs. Easley, SC
> Game & sound EPROMs. (864)238-1707
> Game refurbishment & more... http://www.coinopcauldron.com

Indy 500, GT 24HR (Jaleco) and Touring Car, should work, but the start
button is wire in a different pin and there will be a few other quirks, but
they will run and will work fine with the wheel and pedals (although no
feedback, or strange feedback).

"Chris Bedwell" <removeantispam_tes@southwest.com.au> wrote in message
> sorry, let me clarify..
>
> Other driving type games.. that will work in the same dedicated cabinet...
>
> - Chris.
> www.myarcadegames.com
> ( Perth, Western Australia )
>
> "Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive)" <Clivejonesen@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Chris Bedwell wrote:
>>> So what boards can you put in a sega rally championship ?
>>>
>>> ( i.e. will interchange easily ? )
>>
>> If I recall, Rally Championship doesn't use a security dongle so you
>> should be able to use Virtua Fighter 2, Zero Gunner, Dynamite Cop, Sky
>> Target, Pilot Kids (etc., etc.) 2A CRX boards (not sure on the filter
>> boards though).
>>
>> Clive
>> --
>> Board repairs. The Coin-Op Cauldron
>> Onsite/offsite game repairs. Easley, SC
>> Game & sound EPROMs. (864)238-1707
>> Game refurbishment & more... http://www.coinopcauldron.com

Damn, looks like I'll just need to stick with my modified version to keep me
happy..

I've got the version where the cars race in the reverse direction around the
tracks and there's turbo boost..

> Indy 500, GT 24HR (Jaleco) and Touring Car, should work, but the start
> button is wire in a different pin and there will be a few other quirks,
> but they will run and will work fine with the wheel and pedals (although
> no feedback, or strange feedback).
>
> "Chris Bedwell" <removeantispam_tes@southwest.com.au> wrote in message
>> sorry, let me clarify..
>>
>> Other driving type games.. that will work in the same dedicated
>> cabinet...
>>
>> - Chris.
>> www.myarcadegames.com
>> ( Perth, Western Australia )
>>
>> "Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive)" <Clivejonesen@netscape.net> wrote in message

>>> If I recall, Rally Championship doesn't use a security dongle so you
>>> should be able to use Virtua Fighter 2, Zero Gunner, Dynamite Cop, Sky
>>> Target, Pilot Kids (etc., etc.) 2A CRX boards (not sure on the filter
>>> boards though).
>>>
>>> Clive
>>> --
>>> Board repairs. The Coin-Op Cauldron
>>> Onsite/offsite game repairs. Easley, SC
>>> Game & sound EPROMs. (864)238-1707
>>> Game refurbishment & more... http://www.coinopcauldron.com

Chris,

also check out http://www.arcadebase.de/tech4.htm

it's instructions for makind model 2 A/B/C and model 3 adapters which should
enable you to run anything in anything (except for Daytona which is a Model
2 nothing and seems to be totally incompatible).

steve