internet explorer in sp2

having problem conecting to sites and with windows updates in IE with XP SP2.
Have MSN Explorer, which strangely enough works fine on both levels. Is there
a way to re-install IE or repair it in the SP environment. I use firefox as
my primary but amconcerned about windows auto updates not downloading.
2 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer

    "=?Utf-8?B?cGlsbG1hbg==?=" <pillman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in

    > having problem conecting to sites and with windows updates in IE
    with
    > XP SP2. Have MSN Explorer, which strangely enough works fine on
    both
    > levels. Is there a way to re-install IE or repair it in the SP
    > environment. I use firefox as my primary but amconcerned about
    windows
    > auto updates not downloading.

    Yes - just download and reinstall IE 6 SP1 - you can go to
    download.com to get the set up file which will download the rest.

    How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;318378

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:B97899A3-52FF-4BDF-90E1-4E7CEE4BC340@microsoft.com,
    pillman <pillman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > having problem conecting to sites and with windows updates in IE with XP
    > SP2. Have MSN Explorer, which strangely enough works fine on both levels.
    > Is there a way to re-install IE or repair it in the SP environment. I use
    > firefox as my primary but amconcerned about windows auto updates not
    > downloading.

Internet Explorer Support Microsoft Windows XP