internet explorer in sp2

having problem conecting to sites and with windows updates in IE with XP SP2.
Have MSN Explorer, which strangely enough works fine on both levels. Is there
a way to re-install IE or repair it in the SP environment. I use firefox as
my primary but amconcerned about windows auto updates not downloading.

"=?Utf-8?B?cGlsbG1hbg==?=" <pillman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in

> having problem conecting to sites and with windows updates in IE
with
> XP SP2. Have MSN Explorer, which strangely enough works fine on
both
> levels. Is there a way to re-install IE or repair it in the SP
> environment. I use firefox as my primary but amconcerned about
windows
> auto updates not downloading.

Yes - just download and reinstall IE 6 SP1 - you can go to
download.com to get the set up file which will download the rest.

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;318378

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.