Driver Troubles

I've been having a few issues with my DVD-RW and CD-RW for a while now. When
trying to run a CD or DVD, I no longer get prompts asking which program I
want to open it with, I manually have to open say, Windows Media Player, and
open the file from there.

I purchased some computer games yesterday, and am trying to open them ...of
course I get no prompts, so I went to start--> run --> and did setup.exe and
I'm getting the error message "Please go to the Control Panel to install and
configure system components". I got that message before and after
reinstalling both drivers, now I am at a loss what to do. If you have any
ideas, I'd really appreciate the help.

You could try using the Autoplay repair tool (line 234 rh column) on Kelly
Theriot's site. http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm