NO Start menu or taskbar

I have lost the start menu and botton taskbar, Any clues??
The icon in control panel is there but will not open as nothing inside. HELP!!

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318027
Taskbar Is Missing When You Log On to Windows

and/or

Line 117 – Restore Taskbar and Start Menu

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

Checked for spyware lately?

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by third-party software
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827315

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx
Fight Spyware – articles by Microsoft

Spyware Programs links:-