please help re SEARCH option

My folders, except for documents will not open with a left click.
(my mouse is set for one click opening)
What I get when I right click is I get a menu with the 'Search' at the top
and then open, explore, sharing and security etc.....
Then when I click on the Search I get the actual search option with xp with
the wizard etc... it won't open the folder or anything related... just as if
I had clicked Start and then Search as if looking for a file or folder or
the internet or whatever.
The same thing happens when I do left click on my folders in my documents or
on my desktop etc.... all that comes up is the Search folder with options.
When I right click and click on the 'open' option under the 'search' above
it the folder opens properly. But that is the only way to access my folders,
all of them except my documents.
It has not always been like this and I don't know what has happened to make
it perform this way.
I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thankyou,
Shelagh
1 answer Last reply
More about please search option

    Hi Shelagh,

    D/load and run this fix, provided courtesy of Doug Knox, and see if that
    resolves the problem:

    folder_open.vbs - Fixes the problem where Search or Command Prompt opens
    when double clicking a folder
    http://dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Shelagh" <noyb@myob.bc.ca> wrote in message
    > My folders, except for documents will not open with a left click.
    > (my mouse is set for one click opening)
    > What I get when I right click is I get a menu with the 'Search' at the top
    > and then open, explore, sharing and security etc.....
    > Then when I click on the Search I get the actual search option with xp
    with
    > the wizard etc... it won't open the folder or anything related... just as
    if
    > I had clicked Start and then Search as if looking for a file or folder or
    > the internet or whatever.
    > The same thing happens when I do left click on my folders in my documents
    or
    > on my desktop etc.... all that comes up is the Search folder with options.
    > When I right click and click on the 'open' option under the 'search' above
    > it the folder opens properly. But that is the only way to access my
    folders,
    > all of them except my documents.
    > It has not always been like this and I don't know what has happened to
    make
    > it perform this way.
    > I would appreciate any help I can get.
    > Thankyou,