Is windows 98 wireless capable?

Hi,

Is it possible to connect a windows 98 PC wirelessly? Any good wireless NIC
that works well on win98?

Regards,
Garry
2 answers Last reply
More about windows wireless capable

    For Windows 98 compatability, you'll need to check the specs on the hardware and software that ships with it. Windows 98 does not support wireless zero configuration, so there will have to be some type of control software installed, in order to set up the wireless adapter.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Garu" <oas@brunet.bn> wrote in message news:OOQ%23yg4WFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to connect a windows 98 PC wirelessly? Any good wireless NIC
    > that works well on win98?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Garry

    I helped a neighbour set up a Linksys wireless setup on Win98 and
    Win-mini-Me and he used a usb-attached Linksys wireless dongle - worked like
    a charm with the software supplied by Linksys.

    "Garu" <oas@brunet.bn> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to connect a windows 98 PC wirelessly? Any good wireless
    > NIC that works well on win98?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Garry

Routers Windows 98 Wireless Microsoft Networking