I HAVE AN HP PAVILION DESKTOP. THE RECOVERY IS PRELOADED SO I DO NOT HAVE
DISK. EVERYTIME I TRY TO DO A RECOVERY I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE. THE MESSAGE
IS: COULD LOAD FILE\MININT\SYSTEM 32\ BIOSINFO ERROR CODE 14. CAN ANYONE
HELP ME FIX THIS SO THAT I MAY DO A RECOVERY?

HP Pavilions that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do
not come with Recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden
space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery
information.

Read the following article thoroughly, then follow
the steps outlined to perform a "non-destructive"
recovery operation.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07145&product=71013&dlc=en&lang=en

If a "non-destructive" recovery will not work, then you'll have
to resort to a "destructive recovery" which will reformat the
drive, thus wiping it clean of all files before Windows XP is
reinstalled.

Obtaining HP Recovery CDs
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=71013&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07143

--