MK2 Speaker Buzz

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently put a MK2 board in my JAMMA cabinet and now I have a constant
buzzing coming from my speaker. I didn't have this before with a previous
game in the cabinet.

Sound from the game plays fine, but the buzzing is always there. Sounds a
lot like feedback of some sort, but I don't know from what.

Besides changing the board, the only other thing I did was flip the monitor
over, as MK2 was upside down.

Any help you can give a newbie would be great!!

Eric

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The buzzing sound is most likely from not having -5v running to the
game. I have diagnosed this with a couple people already having the
same buzzing and it always was the -5v not being connected from the
power supply. MK1 does not need this and thats how some people get
stuck. I only know this since I was stuck at the same point pulling my
hair out.

Yes it should go through the JAMMA harness, so simply you need to have
the -5v wire of the harness wired to the power supply. Although you
say the game sound plays it might not be the problem.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dan -

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I'm really very new to this (First board I
ever put it), so I really don't know much.

Are you saying I need to run a new wire from the power supply to the board?
I thought the Jamma harness was supposed to handle all of that.

Thanks!!

Eric

<dan@demonlag.com> wrote in message
> The buzzing sound is most likely from not having -5v running to the
> game. I have diagnosed this with a couple people already having the
> same buzzing and it always was the -5v not being connected from the
> power supply. MK1 does not need this and thats how some people get
> stuck. I only know this since I was stuck at the same point pulling my
> hair out.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah, the game sound plays fine. Sounds great actually. There is just a
constant buzzing that can be heard at the same time.

Thanks for your continued advice.

Eric

"Dan R" <dan@demonlag.com> wrote in message
> Yes it should go through the JAMMA harness, so simply you need to have
> the -5v wire of the harness wired to the power supply. Although you
> say the game sound plays it might not be the problem.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Does anyone else have any ideas. If it helps/matters there are two red LEDs
on the main board. 1 stays lit solid all the time, the other just filckers.
THe LED on the sound board stays lit the whole time.

Thanks!!