ntdlr error on bootup

I just reformatted a customers machine and for the second time I am getting
an error during boot up, bad or missing ntdlr press ctrl-alt-del, if I put
the xp cd in the drive it boots fine.
I checked my boot.ini and it looks correct, I copied another ntdrl from a
working machine and still nothing??
Any help would be appreciated..
Thank you in advance
Dave

Boot to the XP CD. When it asks you if you want to install or Repair,
choose Repair. This will take you to the Recovery console. Choose the
XP install to log into, usually there's only 1, and enter the password
when prompted. For Home, the default password is blank. At the
C:\Windows prompt type the following commands:

FIXBOOT, answer Yes
CD \
ATTRIB -H NTLDR
ATTRIB -S NTLDR
ATTRIB -R NTLDR
ATTRIB -H NTDETECT.COM
ATTRIB -S NTDETEC.COM
ATTRIB -R NTDETECT.COM
COPY X:\I386\NTLDR C:\
COPY X:\I386\NTDETECT.COM C:\

HOW TO: Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP [Q307654]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307654
Also, check out these MSKB articles for further troubleshooting on this
issue:

Windows XP Does Not Start on a Computer That Is Configured for Dual
Booting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315233

You Receive an "NTLDR Is Missing" Error Message When You Start Your
Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320397

Error Message When You Start Your Computer with a Non-System Disk
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812492

HOW TO: Troubleshoot the "NTLDR Is Missing" Error Message in Windows
2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318728

Err Msg: Boot - Can't Find NTLDR, or Windows Could Not Start..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;101862

"NTLDR Is Missing" Error Message When You Upgrade or Install Windows XP
Over Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Millennium Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314057

The Computer Does Not Start After You Change the Active Partition by
Using the Disk Management Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315261

Cannot Start Windows XP After You Install Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283433

--
itrama
itrama's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=2511