I have a new prgram on one of my computers which requires the color quality
of High (32 Bit). However, when I go into display properties and click on
the settings tab; the color quality only goes up to 24 bit. How do I install
or upgrade to 32 bit color?

map

"Justin Jeffries" wrote:

> I have a new prgram on one of my computers which requires the color quality
> of High (32 Bit). However, when I go into display properties and click on
> the settings tab; the color quality only goes up to 24 bit. How do I install
> or upgrade to 32 bit color?

It sounds like your video card does not support 32-bit color.

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 01:28:54 GMT, Justin Jeffries wrote:

> I have a new prgram on one of my computers which requires the color quality
> of High (32 Bit). However, when I go into display properties and click on
> the settings tab; the color quality only goes up to 24 bit. How do I install
> or upgrade to 32 bit color?

What are the specs for your display adapter and monitor? Are both devices
capable of 32bit output with the current desktop size? The spec sheets for
each of these should show a table with desktop size/color resolution. You
need to pick settings that appear in both tables.

In some cases, decreasing the size of the desktop will give you the extra
elbow room needed to bump up the color to 32bit. After decreasing size,
check the drop down for color choices.

Also, if you have onboard video chip, see if you can bump up the amount of
RAM dedicated to the video. That may give you more choices too.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User