Please help...going from bad to worse

I have had to re-install windows XP and since am having all sorts of
problems. In the control panel I have 2 Networks (but both are the same)? I
only need 1 and can't get rid of the second one now. I can't connect to the
internet except via Mozilla's browser. I can't get my email or anything. I
can't install new software as it tells me my "vecter settings" need to be
changed...don't know where those are???
Any suggestions will be welcomed...thank you.
--
amipup

I am not telling you what to do, please wait for someone with more expertise,
but I had this same problem after I started using firefox. I also have
windows xp and I had IE 6.0 and firefox as my browsers. Once I removed
firefox, I haven't had any more problems with IE. I am also showing two
Networks, and I only have one. I have a dell dimension 4600

"amipup" wrote:

> I have had to re-install windows XP and since am having all sorts of
> problems. In the control panel I have 2 Networks (but both are the same)? I
> only need 1 and can't get rid of the second one now. I can't connect to the
> internet except via Mozilla's browser. I can't get my email or anything. I
> can't install new software as it tells me my "vecter settings" need to be
> changed...don't know where those are???
> Any suggestions will be welcomed...thank you.
> --
> amipup

Thank you so much for responding...I feared no one would be out there to
help...lol. I have tried deleting Firefox off my system, but then nothing
will work on line, so I re-installed it. It's my only life line right now,
although very limited.

"Marrad" wrote:

> I am not telling you what to do, please wait for someone with more expertise,
> but I had this same problem after I started using firefox. I also have
> windows xp and I had IE 6.0 and firefox as my browsers. Once I removed
> firefox, I haven't had any more problems with IE. I am also showing two
> Networks, and I only have one. I have a dell dimension 4600
>
> "amipup" wrote:
>
> > I have had to re-install windows XP and since am having all sorts of
> > problems. In the control panel I have 2 Networks (but both are the same)? I
> > only need 1 and can't get rid of the second one now. I can't connect to the
> > internet except via Mozilla's browser. I can't get my email or anything. I
> > can't install new software as it tells me my "vecter settings" need to be
> > changed...don't know where those are???
> > Any suggestions will be welcomed...thank you.
> > --
> > amipup

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Marrad wrote:

> I am not telling you what to do, please wait for someone with more expertise,
> but I had this same problem after I started using firefox. I also have
> windows xp and I had IE 6.0 and firefox as my browsers. Once I removed
> firefox, I haven't had any more problems with IE. I am also showing two
> Networks, and I only have one. I have a dell dimension 4600
>
> "amipup" wrote:
>

>>I have had to re-install windows XP and since am having all sorts of
>>problems. In the control panel I have 2 Networks (but both are the same)? I
>>only need 1 and can't get rid of the second one now. I can't connect to the
>>internet except via Mozilla's browser. I can't get my email or anything. I
>>can't install new software as it tells me my "vecter settings" need to be
>>changed...don't know where those are???
>>Any suggestions will be welcomed...thank you.
>>--
>>amipup

'Firefox' is just a browser, no email or news. You could add
'Thunderbird' for email. My preference is an integrated package like
'Mozilla 1.7.6' at the lower right of the page below. I am using 1.7.5
and can attest that it works very well for browsing, email and the news
groups. I have to use Outhouse Express at work and find it rude and
crude. I'll take netique aware Mozilla (Netscape) any day.

http://www.mozilla.org/

By the way in another post you said that you *deleted* Firefox from
your system. I hope you meant that you *un-installed* it. Just deleteing
the files leads to all kinds of problems.

John