Please help...going from bad to worse

I have had to re-install windows XP and since am having all sorts of
problems. In the control panel I have 2 Networks (but both are the same)? I
only need 1 and can't get rid of the second one now. I can't connect to the
internet except via Mozilla's browser. I can't get my email or anything. I
can't install new software as it tells me my "vecter settings" need to be
changed...don't know where those are???
Any suggestions will be welcomed...thank you.
--
amipup
3 answers Last reply

    I am not telling you what to do, please wait for someone with more expertise,
    but I had this same problem after I started using firefox. I also have
    windows xp and I had IE 6.0 and firefox as my browsers. Once I removed
    firefox, I haven't had any more problems with IE. I am also showing two
    Networks, and I only have one. I have a dell dimension 4600

    "amipup" wrote:

    > I have had to re-install windows XP and since am having all sorts of
    > problems. In the control panel I have 2 Networks (but both are the same)? I
    > only need 1 and can't get rid of the second one now. I can't connect to the
    > internet except via Mozilla's browser. I can't get my email or anything. I
    > can't install new software as it tells me my "vecter settings" need to be
    > changed...don't know where those are???
    > Any suggestions will be welcomed...thank you.
    > --
    > amipup

    Thank you so much for responding...I feared no one would be out there to
    help...lol. I have tried deleting Firefox off my system, but then nothing
    will work on line, so I re-installed it. It's my only life line right now,
    although very limited.

    Marrad wrote:

    > I am not telling you what to do, please wait for someone with more expertise,
    > but I had this same problem after I started using firefox. I also have
    > windows xp and I had IE 6.0 and firefox as my browsers. Once I removed
    > firefox, I haven't had any more problems with IE. I am also showing two
    > Networks, and I only have one. I have a dell dimension 4600
    >
    > "amipup" wrote:
    >

    >>I have had to re-install windows XP and since am having all sorts of
    >>problems. In the control panel I have 2 Networks (but both are the same)? I
    >>only need 1 and can't get rid of the second one now. I can't connect to the
    >>internet except via Mozilla's browser. I can't get my email or anything. I
    >>can't install new software as it tells me my "vecter settings" need to be
    >>changed...don't know where those are???
    >>Any suggestions will be welcomed...thank you.
    >>--
    >>amipup

    'Firefox' is just a browser, no email or news. You could add
    'Thunderbird' for email. My preference is an integrated package like
    'Mozilla 1.7.6' at the lower right of the page below. I am using 1.7.5
    and can attest that it works very well for browsing, email and the news
    groups. I have to use Outhouse Express at work and find it rude and
    crude. I'll take netique aware Mozilla (Netscape) any day.

    http://www.mozilla.org/

    By the way in another post you said that you *deleted* Firefox from
    your system. I hope you meant that you *un-installed* it. Just deleteing
    the files leads to all kinds of problems.

    John

Windows XP