Anyone worked on a Nintendo Top Loader?Mines broke

hi,i have a Nintendo Top Loader that is currently tore up.When i plug
it in with original NES adapter,there is distortion anda loud hum over
the tv.When i use a 9v dc adapter,the distortion is gone BUT there is
still something running through it because there are wavy lines on the
tv.Its still too bad to play it.Does anyone have any idea whats causing
this??I think there is a power problem with a resistor or a someting
like that,because it looks like there is too much current.If anyone has
any ideas or have dealt with this problem please let me know
thanks
robert
2 answers Last reply
More about anyone worked nintendo loader mines broke

    hi... looks like a grounding problem..... or a leaking capacitor ....I would
    try it with a switched 9v dc adapter too.. .the "regular" don't put out a
    nice regular flat 9v line...a switched 1 does..

    greetinx....... Martin

    "rob" <thegozs@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > hi,i have a Nintendo Top Loader that is currently tore up.When i plug
    > it in with original NES adapter,there is distortion anda loud hum over
    > the tv.When i use a 9v dc adapter,the distortion is gone BUT there is
    > still something running through it because there are wavy lines on the
    > tv.Its still too bad to play it.Does anyone have any idea whats causing
    > this??I think there is a power problem with a resistor or a someting
    > like that,because it looks like there is too much current.If anyone has
    > any ideas or have dealt with this problem please let me know
    > thanks
    > robert

    Hmm i always thought you needed a different power supply for the top loader,
    i have both the top loader and the front loader and i do think they use
    different power supplies.

    --
    Email me at "iride4899yahoo.com" (insert "@" before yahoo to reply) , my box
    is always opened to questions.