Dvds will not play

G'day All,

I'm unable to play DVD movies under XP+ SP2 on an Optima notebook (G200
series). It has Media player, WinDVD4, DIVX, and Real player installed. I
have installed several other 'codecs' but all to no avail. I keep getting
the error that the disk can not be played, lower display settings and update
driver, which makes no difference. In Media player, I hear the audio but get
a blank(black) screen, in the other players I just get the above message.
The VGA seems to be integrated with the motherboard, and windows tells me
there is no driver installed or needed, nor can it identify the
adaptor(generic). I seem to have egg on my face as I did the re-installation
and update as a favour for a friend, who assures me that they played DVDs
previous to the clean re-installation.

China
Wingham
NSW