Delete temp (.tmp) files ???

Hi there,

Running XP Pro/Office Pro2002 and NAV detected a netsky virus in an email
but advised unable to repair/quarantine/delete the entry in my Temp folder???

I spent two hours attempting via Search/Help to locate and manually delete
this virus without success ... I ran NAV scan and rebooted in the hope the
file would disappear ... so far everything seems normal.

One unsuccessful search of C:\Documents and Settings\Rob Smith\Local
Settings\Temp revealed a host of folders that I did not understand/identify
and about 10,000 individual .tmp files ... a large batch of files each 2000kb
and mostly dated 2002/3/4.

My question is whether these .tmp files are indeed 'temporary' and can be
safely deleted or are they required as part of normal operation?

Thanks in advance,

Rob;
All "*.tmp" files & the contents of "temp" folders can be safely deleted.
It is best to reboot first to be sure they are not in use.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar