Which Monitor to Keep

Jan

When I got my Dell 4600 with 19" monitor, I gave my NEC Multisync 97F
19" to my sister. Well that beast started acting up and finally just
about burned her house down - it was smoking and stinking like crazy.
Future Shop sent it out for repair (told them I don't think it is
fixable) and they finally phoned and said no it is not repairable and
that I can come in and get a comparable replacement. The replacement is
a Cicero 987 NS 19" flat (think this is a Future Shop brand). I am using
the Cicero right now and I can't see much difference between the Dell
M992 or this Cicero although the Cicero seems to be just a bit brighter.
So does anyone have any opinion on keeping one over the other. One will
be going to my sisters eventually. TIA.
--
Cheers!

Jan

Ben Myers wrote:
> Never heard of a Cicero. Definitely a house brand. I would keep the
Dell
> monitor... Ben Myers

Cicero Brand is made by Hansol

"Hansol Electronics, founded by Samsung in 1965, has been operating as
an independent company since 1993, is based in Seoul, South Korea and
has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and
Thailand. Hansol Electronics, one of 16 divisions, manufactures
computer monitors up to 24 inches in size and is a world leader in
monitors, which include television tuners and computer inputs."

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:03:57 GMT, Jan <myredsunfire@shaw.ca> wrote:

>When I got my Dell 4600 with 19" monitor, I gave my NEC Multisync 97F
>19" to my sister. Well that beast started acting up and finally just
>about burned her house down - it was smoking and stinking like crazy.
>Future Shop sent it out for repair (told them I don't think it is
>fixable) and they finally phoned and said no it is not repairable and
>that I can come in and get a comparable replacement. The replacement is
>a Cicero 987 NS 19" flat (think this is a Future Shop brand). I am using
>the Cicero right now and I can't see much difference between the Dell
>M992 or this Cicero although the Cicero seems to be just a bit brighter.
>So does anyone have any opinion on keeping one over the other. One will
>be going to my sisters eventually. TIA.
>--
>Cheers!
>
>Jan

Useful to know. Thank you. Still, if I had to make the choice, I'd keep the
Dell 19"... Ben Myers

On 3 Feb 2005 13:33:55 -0800, braine_dead@lycos.com wrote:

>Ben Myers wrote:
>> Never heard of a Cicero. Definitely a house brand. I would keep the
>Dell
>> monitor... Ben Myers
>>
>Cicero Brand is made by Hansol
>
>"Hansol Electronics, founded by Samsung in 1965, has been operating as
>an independent company since 1993, is based in Seoul, South Korea and
>has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and
>Thailand. Hansol Electronics, one of 16 divisions, manufactures
>computer monitors up to 24 inches in size and is a world leader in
>monitors, which include television tuners and computer inputs."

Hi!

At one time Hansol made a pretty decent CRT monitor. I figured that they had
dried up and faded away long ago. It's nice to see that they have not.

It's something of a tough choice then. I'd go with whichever display you
like the quality of better. They are probably about equally good.

William

"William R. Walsh" <newsgroups1@saveyourspam.walshcomptech.com> wrote in
message news:pUCMd.48667$eT5.37257@attbi_s51...
> Hi!
>
> At one time Hansol made a pretty decent CRT monitor. I figured that they
> had
> dried up and faded away long ago. It's nice to see that they have not.
>
> It's something of a tough choice then. I'd go with whichever display you
> like the quality of better. They are probably about equally good.
>
> William

I agree with William. Pick the one YOU like, not the one random people on a
newsgroup pick. If it is part of Samsung, that's good. Samsung makes
incredible monitors. I have their Samsung 213T 21" LCD monitor and it is
simply incredible.

Tom