jack_d12

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2002
hi, hope someone can help me ... i'm running winxp pro and the javascript stopped working one day. norton antivirus doesn't scan anymore and everytime i go to a website i can't see the java script and i can't play flash either , when i click on links that open up in another window in IE the new windows goes blank ... i don't know if i have a virus but i used panda antivirus to scan and nothing showed up ... someone please help ... this is really weird ...

Download another program capable of running Java. I use Sun Java, which is freely available from Sun's website. There are others out there which people prefer over Sun... but I can't think of them right now.

Once that's done, anything that requires javascript should start working again. It is a royal PITA that virus scanning software relies on it. I remember having to install Sun Java on a Win 98 machine because NAV stopped working.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

jack_d12

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2002
i've rebooted in safe mode and scanned for viruses with panda and nothing showed up after 80000 files ... i've tried searching download.com for another java program and there were like more then 900 results filled with java games and tutorials ... can some one let me know another java program ?? also would uninstalling sun java and reinstalling it help ?? this problem is really annoying me ...

jack_d12

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2002
i even tried to go to windowsupdate.com and i can't get it to run .. can someone please help out ?? i can't print and when i click on links the new windows doesn't load anything ... i'm really annoyed and i can't seem to be able to find anything like this problem on the internet ... i've scanned for virus 3 times and nothing showed up .. someone please help ...

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If I remember correctly, Windows Update does not use JavaScript but <b>ActiveX Control</b>. Go to Internet Options\Security and choose <b>Default level</b> button to see if it fixed.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.