Fuzzy monitor

Hello,

I have a Crystal Castles that has an old video poker monitor in it. It
looks great except the scores and small text are just a touch fuzzy.
the focus is cranked all the way to the left. is there a way to fix
this? TIA

-CF

RJ

Hello,

Key word being old Monitor. You can try n cap the monitor.
It will help the High Voltage. Rejuvinate the Monitor will help with
the RGB drivers.Both the High Voltage and the RGB Drive/level play a
roll in the focus.

But alas you will probably need to replace the Monitor.
Happ has them on sale for $159.00 threw this month.

Good Luck

RJ

What I've noticed about any monitor used in a video poker machine is
the intense burn-in, especially around the borders of images like cards
and slot machine reels.

That, and the excessive amount of nicotine build up- way worse than an
average arcade location. Since you mentioned the focus pot is out of
travel, it's probably time for a cap kit as RJ suggested, but if there
is severe burn-in you might source another monitor instead.

Mike Doyle

What brand/model is the monitor? If it's a Wells-Gardner model 4900
series then the flyback has a bad focus winding inside it.

JA

Nothing worse than trying to get the smoke off them things.
If this is what's on the glass - just imagine what's on the lungs!

-- JA

<kilkeeslps@aol.com> wrote in message
> What I've noticed about any monitor used in a video poker machine is
> the intense burn-in, especially around the borders of images like cards
> and slot machine reels.
>
> That, and the excessive amount of nicotine build up- way worse than an
> average arcade location. Since you mentioned the focus pot is out of
> travel, it's probably time for a cap kit as RJ suggested, but if there
> is severe burn-in you might source another monitor instead.
>
> Mike Doyle

I have a WG4900 and I can get it pretty good, but not razor sharp. Does
anyone know where to get a flyback for a 4900? Bob doesn't list them. :(

Bill

> What brand/model is the monitor? If it's a Wells-Gardner model 4900
> series then the flyback has a bad focus winding inside it.

The flyback for the 4900 is NLA anywhere.

I was afraid of that... :(

Thanks for the info!

Bill

> The flyback for the 4900 is NLA anywhere.

Bill:

This site has a replacement chassis for the Electrohome and Wells 4900
series chassis. It's at http://yp.bellsouth.com/sites/alvaamusement/

Putting one of these Weiya chassis on your 4900 should restore the
focus.