Windows7 cannot activate wifi adapter

Hello,
i have a strange problem with 3 Win7 Pro computers (2x 32bit 1x 64bit). I simply can´t activate the wifi adapter. The driver is installed succesfully. I can´t find anything on this issue on google, does anyone have a suggestion?
8 answers Last reply
More about windows7 activate wifi adapter
  1. did the wifi adapter come with it's own software to control it?
  2. mi1ez said:
    did the wifi adapter come with it's own software to control it?

no just the driver, i also tried some different wifi adapters in the meantime.
    2 DLINK and 1 Zyxel. same issue :(
    so it does not seem to be driver or software related

greetz and thanks,
    theHoff
  3. no excalamation marks in device manager?
  4. mi1ez said:
    no excalamation marks in device manager?

nope, the driver seems to be installed correctly. when i look at the properties in hardwaremanager it says: driver installed correctly. i even can access the settings mask (network and sharing center -> network adapters -> wifi adapter -> rightclick -> properties) to set up an ip, uncheck boxes (for example internetprotocoll IPv6 etc.), but it won´t let me activate it.

when i click activate, he shows the usual small windows showing "activating" -> "activated", no error message but the adapter still says deactivated. there is no error message in the eventlog regarding the wifi adapter or any other network specific event.

i tried different drivers in the meantime, no success so far..

i´m kind of confused oO

thanks for any help,
    theHoff
  5. when you say activate, I assume this is from network and sharing>network connections?
  6. mi1ez said:
    when you say activate, I assume this is from network and sharing>network connections?

Yes.
    In the overview where you see all network adapters and VPN connections etc.
    The WiFi adapter is grey and the status is "deactivated". When i right click it and click "activate", the small window saying "activating" -> "activated" pops up. Everything looks normal, except that the adapter stays deactivated.

Thanks,
    theHoff
  7. Well, that's my thoughts spent... can you not scan for networks or anything? it just goes through all the actions of enabling it, but not actually doing it?
  8. mi1ez said:
    Well, that's my thoughts spent...

Thanks for that =)
    Maybe someone else has an idea.

Quote:
    can you not scan for networks or anything?

nope

Quote:
    it just goes through all the actions of enabling it, but not actually doing it?

Exactly

this is driving me nuts :pt1cable:
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 WiFi Computers