Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 downgrade xp steps

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2010 12:35:53 PM

Hallo, i Have an Acer 8930G 5.1 and last day i upgrade to windows 7 but it seems to be slower than i expected and i can use many games i like, they'll give me a message that the AOL doesn't work thogether with the graphix card, please any one knows what i can do? and how can i switch to windows xp without any problem (missing drivers)

thanks
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2010 1:34:13 PM

would it not be easier to just download the latest drivers?

I may be mistaken, but there is no downgrade path. back up anything you need, scrub the drive and/or install XP straight off the disk.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2010 3:49:49 PM

If your system meets the requirements to run Windows 7, your system should not be running that slow.

System requirements are:

•1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
•1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
•16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
•DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

If you meet these requirements, make sure you have all the up-to-date drivers for your hardware (including your graphics card). To locate drivers for specific hardware, visit the hardware's maunfacturer website and download accordingly. Hopefully updated drivers will fix the error message that AOL will not work with your graphics card. If not, and you still want to go back to XP, as mi1ex said, a complete reinstall from your original XP disk is what you'll need to do.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
!