how do I take ownership of old 2nd WinXP HD? currently "ac..

i have an older hard drive that has windows xp home on it. i'm trying to get
to my favorites and outlook email in my documents and settings profile, but
when i click on the profile, it gives me an "access is denied" error message.

i booted into safe mode and then tried to take ownership of it or give
myself full control. i got the error message:

"Unable to save permission changes on [profile]. There is not enough space
on the disk."

[profile] is the replacement variable i put in to represent my profile name
for this post.

how do i get past this so that i can gain access to the contents of this old
profile?

Hi

Please see if the following helps:

"How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&Product=winxp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User