Hey guys, I am new here but I haven't a post with a good response to this question so maybe someone has got an idea. I am looking for a good gaming laptop that can be portable for college. I expect to take this with me to class. I don't need top of the graphics. I just want to be able to play SC2 and other similar style games on medium settings. I originally looked at the MSI GT70 but this was just a desktop reaplcement and didnt fit the portability needs i wanted. Then I looked at the Razer Blade and that seems a bit too expensive for the specs.
1. What is your budget?
Preferably below $2500
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Atleast 15 in screen, Definitely less than 2 inched thick
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1368 x 768 Atleast. Better if possible
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable - must
5. How much battery life do you need?
A fair amount. I need a long battery in case i cant be stopping to charge it between classes and events
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
SC2/GW2 Nothing extreme but medium settings are nice
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I do some photoshop and video edit but not alot and it is by no means a necessary thing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I dont use a lot of storage because I keep my files organized and i can get external hard drives. For this reason a SSD seems like a good idea however a hard drive is fine too.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
No sites in mind but a good company with good support
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At the very least 4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I dont like alienware (too big, overpriced)
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
If you have had good experiences with the Blade then share please because I might go with that i just would like to try to find something cheaper. Again I am trying to get the best of both worlds.