Linux anyone ?

Greetings footy and champ managers!

Has there been any sign from SI or Eidos that one fine day we will have
our games of choice available on Linux platforms as well as Windows ?

Has the issue even been raised with these companies ?
They seem keen to place their games on consoles readily enough, to
their shame.

Apart from that, all the best.

Phillip Bird

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /|~~~~~\
Unit 1, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ / | \
~~~~25 Hampton Road,~~~~ ~Q /_ | + + \
~~~~ESSENDON,~~~~~~~~~~ </< | | + + \
~~~~Victoria 3040~~~~~~ / |_ | + + \
mailto:pbird@alphalink.com.au)\@ | + + |
Phone:61 3 93376415
Fax:61 3 96694128___________________________________________
Alphalink Webmail - http://webmail.alphalink.com.au

On 27 Jan 2005 21:05:24 -0800, pbird@alphalink.com.au wrote:

>Greetings footy and champ managers!
>
>Has there been any sign from SI or Eidos that one fine day we will have
>our games of choice available on Linux platforms as well as Windows ?

I seriously doubt it. Have you tried playing it in Linux under a
Windows emulator ?

-Nick

pbird@alphalink.com.au wrote:

> Has there been any sign from SI or Eidos that one fine day we will have
> our games of choice available on Linux platforms as well as Windows ?

No, but people posted here that they ran it on Linux using Wine or
VMware, just that it's slow.

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: TBF - Genije

Miljenko wrote:
> pbird@alphalink.com.au wrote:
>
>> Has there been any sign from SI or Eidos that one fine day we will
>> have our games of choice available on Linux platforms as well as
>> Windows ?
>
> No, but people posted here that they ran it on Linux using Wine or
> VMware, just that it's slow.

It's hardly the quickest anyway though!

<pbird@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> Greetings footy and champ managers!
>
> Has there been any sign from SI or Eidos that one fine day we will have
> our games of choice available on Linux platforms as well as Windows ?
>
> Has the issue even been raised with these companies ?
> They seem keen to place their games on consoles readily enough, to
> their shame.
>
> Apart from that, all the best.
>
> Phillip Bird

they put it on mac..... maybe in a few years, linux is becoming more widely
used nowadays

Thanks for your comments fellas !

Windows emulator eh ? Hadn't thought of that.

Nevertheless, I take it that neither Eidos or SI have dropped any hints
over the years about providing a Linux version......?

Cheers,

Phillip Bird

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /|~~~~~\
Unit 1, ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ / | \
~~~~25 Hampton Road,~~~~ ~Q /_ | + + \
~~~~ESSENDON,~~~~~~~~~~ </< | | + + \
~~~~Victoria 3040~~~~~~ / |_ | + + \
mailto:p...@alphalink.com.au)\@ | + + |

On 31 Jan 2005 16:55:18 -0800, pbird@alphalink.com.au wrote:

>Thanks for your comments fellas !
>
>Windows emulator eh ? Hadn't thought of that.
>
>Nevertheless, I take it that neither Eidos or SI have dropped any hints
>over the years about providing a Linux version......?

takes them long enough to get it up and running on windows, the damn
thing'd never get released ;)
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:

> pbird@alphalink.com.au wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your comments fellas !
> > Windows emulator eh ? Hadn't thought of that.
>
> As mentioned try WineX or what is called now Cedega. Check out http://www.transgaming.com/ .
> Unfortunately, it is_not_ free. WineX is, Cedega is not. And yes, Cedega does support the CMs

Forgotten to add the wineX link just in case you did not know.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winex
Not that it helps too much as all files have been taken down. Guess why.