MN-700 Ethernet speeds

Last response: in Networking
Share
May 25, 2005 6:54:01 PM

I have the MN-700 base station. The problem I have noticed is that the
auto-negotiation feature is only using a 10 Mbps rate for network connections
even though my network is capable of 100 Mbps.

Does anyone know how to override the settings? I have not been able to find
anyway to do this.

Thanks.

More about : 700 ethernet speeds

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 9:35:06 AM

Set your wired NICs explicitly for 100 megs.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

...You may find this option by going to Device Manager (winkey + pause/break)
then finding the network adapter, right clicking, going to properties, and
looking for it in the properties dialog. Let me know if it isnt there. Some
NICs come with software.

Justin

"barb bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Set your wired NICs explicitly for 100 megs.
>
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 14:54:01 -0700, "David"
> <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I have the MN-700 base station. The problem I have noticed is that the
>>auto-negotiation feature is only using a 10 Mbps rate for network
>>connections
>>even though my network is capable of 100 Mbps.
>>
>>Does anyone know how to override the settings? I have not been able to
>>find
>>anyway to do this.
>>
>>Thanks.
> --
> Barb Bowman
> Expert Zone Columnist
> MS-MVP (Windows)
August 18, 2008 5:18:09 PM

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I'm having the same problem.

I have an old Microsoft MN-700 router that I've been using for quite some time. I just bothered to upgrade my cable modem from DOCSIS 1.0 and now I'm getting Comcast's PowerBoost. However, when I run the modem directly to the PC, I can get 20+ mbps, while i max out around 10mbps with the router (and I'm not keeping the PC connected natively...yuck).

I've checked all the LAN settings for the router, and nothing seems to be limiting it, and I've set my NIC to 100mbps full duplex. Windows says it is connected at 100mbps, but the speedtests still stick under 10mbps. Any ideas? Or is it just time for this out of spec POS router to go? Thanks!
!