Tech: Virtua Fighter Sound

Hello;
I have a dedicated VF1, with no cage of boards in it. I bought a VF2
board, but the sound board hooks up differently... some of the wiring was
different, and I got all the video working, but the sound from the VF1
soundboard, still mounted on the left side of the cabinet, has 5 wires that
connect to the pcb, two red, two white, and a black. The VF1 sound worked
before the gamecage was removed.

The VF2 board only has inputs for left neg, right neg, left pos, right pos.
I tried hooking the red/white/red/white up to it, and have no sound.

Do I need a completely different sound board for VF2? It looked to me that
it was just a sound amp system (on the left side of the cab) and would
possibly work for either? Does anybody know if the sound system was
different between the two?

Thanks,

Ron

I own a dedicated vf2 and have spent the better half of my time after
school taking out the boards for the fun of it (and to clean it bleh).
A quick look at system16.com shows that model one and two have vastly
different sound setups ont he boards so i wouldn't be surprised if the
amp is also different. if you want and provided my parents can find
the digitial camera I can snap a pic of my setup. if you do just email