Need new flat screen monitor

a b C Monitor
April 11, 2005 8:07:25 PM

A client needs a new flat screen monitor. She had a Gateway and after a
couple of years the thing died this afternoon. I hooked up a monitor from
their other computer and it worked fine so the video card is ok.

The Gateway monitor is full of lines and occasionally the desktop appears
in a narrow band at the top of the screen and then disappears. Screen is
full of fine lines and wild colors at times.

Totally unusable.

Which flat screens in the 19" range are best? Gotta help her buy a new one
tomorrow.

More about : flat screen monitor

April 12, 2005 12:35:28 AM

I swear by Samsung totally flat CRT monitors..extremely sharp image.
LCD flat panels are OK but I find them not as sharp, and can blur when
viewing fast motion.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada