Need new flat screen monitor

A client needs a new flat screen monitor. She had a Gateway and after a
couple of years the thing died this afternoon. I hooked up a monitor from
their other computer and it worked fine so the video card is ok.

The Gateway monitor is full of lines and occasionally the desktop appears
in a narrow band at the top of the screen and then disappears. Screen is
full of fine lines and wild colors at times.

Totally unusable.

Which flat screens in the 19" range are best? Gotta help her buy a new one
tomorrow.
1 answer Last reply
More about need flat screen monitor

    I swear by Samsung totally flat CRT monitors..extremely sharp image.
    LCD flat panels are OK but I find them not as sharp, and can blur when
    viewing fast motion.

    --
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    "az-willie" <sclause@npole.com> wrote in message
    >A client needs a new flat screen monitor. She had a Gateway and after a
    > couple of years the thing died this afternoon. I hooked up a monitor from
    > their other computer and it worked fine so the video card is ok.
    >
    > The Gateway monitor is full of lines and occasionally the desktop appears
    > in a narrow band at the top of the screen and then disappears. Screen is
    > full of fine lines and wild colors at times.
    >
    > Totally unusable.
    >
    > Which flat screens in the 19" range are best? Gotta help her buy a new one
    > tomorrow.

Flat Screen Monitors Windows XP