System Restore Stops on SAVRT

I'm getting evet id 1 errors that say system restore has stopped because it
can't scan protected file SAVRT. After this it no longer creates restore
points until I do a manual creation. SAVRT is actually a folder in Symantec
Antivirus 9.01.1000

Anybody got a fix or work-around?

Thanks guys

Type in SAVRT into google. This will give you an idea of where your problem
is.
Have a good day

"Doug Glass" wrote:

> I'm getting evet id 1 errors that say system restore has stopped because it
> can't scan protected file SAVRT. After this it no longer creates restore
> points until I do a manual creation. SAVRT is actually a folder in Symantec
> Antivirus 9.01.1000
>
> Anybody got a fix or work-around?
>
> Thanks guys

Hi Doug,

I suspect the Norton SAVRT file is interfering with the System Restore
filter. To test, uninstall NAV and confirm the files are not present
on the drive, then check to make sure SR is functioning properly.

To fully remove NAV files and registry entry, for the removal tool on
there support site.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User