Windows XP Clock

My clock does not keep the correct time. Is there an XP upgrade to fix this?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows clock

    "Mike Clock" <Mike Clock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My clock does not keep the correct time. Is there an XP upgrade to fix
    > this?

    Your CMOS battery on the Motherboard may be failing, replace it. The battery
    will look like a wrist watch battery.

    There is a registry tweak to update the time more frequently but I would
    replace the battery.

    To change the frequency of checking the time through the internet:

    Start Regedit (Start>Run>regedit)
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\Ntp
    Client

    Double-click SpecialPollInterval in the right-hand pane and select Decimal.
    Change the Decimal value in seconds.

    NOTE: The value is in seconds. Enter the number of seconds you would like to
    update to the correct time. If you want every hour then it would be 3600
    seconds, daily would be 86400 seconds.

    --
    William

    "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Mike Clock" <Mike Clock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> My clock does not keep the correct time. Is there an XP upgrade to fix
    >> this?
    >

    > Your CMOS battery on the Motherboard may be failing, replace it. The
    > battery will look like a wrist watch battery.
    >
    > There is a registry tweak to update the time more frequently but I would
    > replace the battery.
    >
    > To change the frequency of checking the time through the internet:
    >

    > Start Regedit (Start>Run>regedit)
    > Navigate to:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\Ntp
    > Client
    >
    > Double-click SpecialPollInterval in the right-hand pane and select
    > Decimal. Change the Decimal value in seconds.
    >
    > NOTE: The value is in seconds. Enter the number of seconds you would like
    > to update to the correct time. If you want every hour then it would be
    > 3600 seconds, daily would be 86400 seconds.
    >

    > --
    > William

    The battery will only need replacing if the clock resets to 1980 on
    boot-up - either all the time or sometimes. Don't bother replacing it
    otherwise. If its days, hours or minutes out then William's reg fix might
    help.

    Alternately, you could download a free utility from
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/, which keeps your pc's clock
    synchronised with an atomic clock across the internet. I used to use this
    until we upgraded our server to be a time server.

    Brian.

    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Support Microsoft Windows XP