Question about bundled software.

I have a Dimension XPS Gen 3 on order. In placing the order, I forgot
to deselect the default WordPerfect suite and the Paint Shop™ Pro
Trial. I have MS Office 2003 and Photoshop CS now, so these bundled
programs are useless to me. Will the software come preinstalled, or
will I just have discs to install them myself?
Thanks!
10 answers Last reply
More about question bundled software

    Yes..

    It will come preinstalled and you'll have the disks.

    Unless they've changed things with the restore parition, which is possible.

    Tom
    "dan" <dan@notreplyable.org> wrote in message
    >I have a Dimension XPS Gen 3 on order. In placing the order, I forgot
    > to deselect the default WordPerfect suite and the Paint ShopT Pro
    > Trial. I have MS Office 2003 and Photoshop CS now, so these bundled
    > programs are useless to me. Will the software come preinstalled, or
    > will I just have discs to install them myself?
    > Thanks!

    They will come installed. Just go to the Control Panel and un-install them.

    --
    Ed J edj22 at attglobal dot net
    "dan" <dan@notreplyable.org> wrote in message
    >I have a Dimension XPS Gen 3 on order. In placing the order, I forgot
    > to deselect the default WordPerfect suite and the Paint ShopT Pro
    > Trial. I have MS Office 2003 and Photoshop CS now, so these bundled
    > programs are useless to me. Will the software come preinstalled, or
    > will I just have discs to install them myself?
    > Thanks!

    It all come preinstalled, about 30 items, and it's all on the Dell
    disk except Word Perfect that has a separate disk.
    Don't know if it was specific to his application, but my son tried to
    load MS Office 2003 to 2 computers and it said access denied on the
    2nd computer. He had to buy another copy.

    Tom J

    "dan" <dan@notreplyable.org> wrote in message
    >I have a Dimension XPS Gen 3 on order. In placing the order, I
    >forgot
    > to deselect the default WordPerfect suite and the Paint ShopT Pro
    > Trial. I have MS Office 2003 and Photoshop CS now, so these bundled
    > programs are useless to me. Will the software come preinstalled, or
    > will I just have discs to install them myself?
    > Thanks!

    Probably because the license is only valid for one computer, so he was
    stealing the second copy.

    Tom Scales wrote:

    > Probably because the license is only valid for one computer, so he
    > was stealing the second copy.
    >

    > "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > > It all come preinstalled, about 30 items, and it's all on the Dell
    > > disk except Word Perfect that has a separate disk.
    > > Don't know if it was specific to his application, but my son tried
    > > to load MS Office 2003 to 2 computers and it said access denied on
    > > the 2nd computer. He had to buy another copy.

    FWIW, I have a legal license.

    > > Tom J
    > >
    > > "dan" <dan@notreplyable.org> wrote in message
    > > > I have a Dimension XPS Gen 3 on order. In placing the order, I
    > > > forgot
    > >> to deselect the default WordPerfect suite and the Paint ShopT Pro
    > >> Trial. I have MS Office 2003 and Photoshop CS now, so these
    > bundled >> programs are useless to me. Will the software come
    > preinstalled, or >> will I just have discs to install them myself?
    > >> Thanks!

    Perhaps you do, but if he was loading the same copy with the same Product
    ID, then that's not appropriate
    > Tom Scales wrote:
    >
    >> Probably because the license is only valid for one computer, so he
    >> was stealing the second copy.
    >>

    >> "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
    >> > It all come preinstalled, about 30 items, and it's all on the Dell
    >> > disk except Word Perfect that has a separate disk.
    >> > Don't know if it was specific to his application, but my son tried
    >> > to load MS Office 2003 to 2 computers and it said access denied on
    >> > the 2nd computer. He had to buy another copy.
    >
    > FWIW, I have a legal license.
    >

    >> > Tom J
    >> >
    >> > "dan" <dan@notreplyable.org> wrote in message
    >> bundled >> programs are useless to me. Will the software come
    >> preinstalled, or >> will I just have discs to install them myself?

    That was the very point I was making. Some software can be loaded onto
    more computers than you have license for (stolen) and other software
    balks at being stolen.
    Tom J

    > Perhaps you do, but if he was loading the same copy with the same
    > Product ID, then that's not appropriate
    > "dan" <dan@notreplyable.org> wrote in message
    >> Tom Scales wrote:
    >>
    >>> Probably because the license is only valid for one computer, so he
    >>> was stealing the second copy.
    >>>

    >>> "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> FWIW, I have a legal license.

    >>> bundled >> programs are useless to me. Will the software come
    >>> preinstalled, or >> will I just have discs to install them myself?

    Tom
    Exactly which Office 2003?
    Some retail allow two installations, Desktop and portable used by the same
    individual.
    Student and Teacher may allow up to 3 per household:
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/students/doyouqualify.mspx
    Read your specific EULA for details.

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > It all come preinstalled, about 30 items, and it's all on the Dell disk
    > except Word Perfect that has a separate disk.
    > Don't know if it was specific to his application, but my son tried to load
    > MS Office 2003 to 2 computers and it said access denied on the 2nd
    > computer. He had to buy another copy.
    >
    > Tom J
    >
    > "dan" <dan@notreplyable.org> wrote in message
    >>I have a Dimension XPS Gen 3 on order. In placing the order, I forgot
    >> to deselect the default WordPerfect suite and the Paint ShopT Pro
    >> Trial. I have MS Office 2003 and Photoshop CS now, so these bundled
    >> programs are useless to me. Will the software come preinstalled, or
    >> will I just have discs to install them myself?
    >> Thanks!

    I have no idea which version of 2003 but suppose it was packaged with
    the Dell computer he had just installed and both are desktops.
    Tom J

    "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    > Tom
    > Exactly which Office 2003?
    > Some retail allow two installations, Desktop and portable used by
    > the same individual.
    > Student and Teacher may allow up to 3 per household:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/students/doyouqualify.mspx
    > Read your specific EULA for details.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >

    > "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
    >> It all come preinstalled, about 30 items, and it's all on the Dell
    >> disk except Word Perfect that has a separate disk.
    >> Don't know if it was specific to his application, but my son tried
    >> to load MS Office 2003 to 2 computers and it said access denied on
    >> the 2nd computer. He had to buy another copy.
    >>
    >> Tom J
    >>
    >> "dan" <dan@notreplyable.org> wrote in message
    >>>I have a Dimension XPS Gen 3 on order. In placing the order, I
    >>>forgot
    >>> to deselect the default WordPerfect suite and the Paint ShopT Pro
    >>> Trial. I have MS Office 2003 and Photoshop CS now, so these
    >>> bundled
    >>> programs are useless to me. Will the software come preinstalled,
    >>> or
    >>> will I just have discs to install them myself?
    >>> Thanks!

    Tom;
    If it was packaged with the computer it is most likely OEM and may only be
    installed on the original computer.

    --

    >I have no idea which version of 2003 but suppose it was packaged with the
    >Dell computer he had just installed and both are desktops.
    > Tom J
    >
    > "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
    >> Tom
    >> Exactly which Office 2003?
    >> Some retail allow two installations, Desktop and portable used by the
    >> same individual.
    >> Student and Teacher may allow up to 3 per household:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/students/doyouqualify.mspx
    >> Read your specific EULA for details.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jupiter Jones
    >> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >>

    >> "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
    >>> It all come preinstalled, about 30 items, and it's all on the Dell disk
    >>> except Word Perfect that has a separate disk.
    >>> Don't know if it was specific to his application, but my son tried to
    >>> load MS Office 2003 to 2 computers and it said access denied on the 2nd
    >>> computer. He had to buy another copy.
    >>>
    >>> Tom J
    >>>
    >>> "dan" <dan@notreplyable.org> wrote in message

Dell Dimension Software Computers