Trojan.Win32.FTP Attack

Still trying to solve the problems with my computer. Using WindowsXP, I.E.
and O.E. If I am in the wrong newsgroup, please show the proper URL.
I did a scan with XoftSpy and found "Trojan.Win32.FTP Attack - Registry
Value. It is in: software\microsoft\windows\current version\run\reminder
I then did other scans with Spybot, S and D; Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1;
and Ad-Aware SE. None of these three found this Trojan. Is XoftSpy for
real? Can it find Trojans that the others cannot? I also have constant
problems with "Data Miner" and XoftSpy says it automatically gets rid of
them too.
I would greatly appreciate any information on the differences in these
spyware systems. I would gladly pay the fees IF I knew the system was the
best and would work.
Inez

These tools scan for spyware and not for trojans. To look for them, go to www.moosoft.com and download "The Cleaner".

"inez" <inez@DoNotCall.com> escribió en el mensaje news:%233b9NTxPFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Still trying to solve the problems with my computer. Using WindowsXP, I.E.
> and O.E. If I am in the wrong newsgroup, please show the proper URL.
> I did a scan with XoftSpy and found "Trojan.Win32.FTP Attack - Registry
> Value. It is in: software\microsoft\windows\current version\run\reminder
> I then did other scans with Spybot, S and D; Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1;
> and Ad-Aware SE. None of these three found this Trojan. Is XoftSpy for
> real? Can it find Trojans that the others cannot? I also have constant
> problems with "Data Miner" and XoftSpy says it automatically gets rid of
> them too.
> I would greatly appreciate any information on the differences in these
> spyware systems. I would gladly pay the fees IF I knew the system was the
> best and would work.
> Inez

Thanks for the help. I finally obliterated the FTP Attack Trojan.