Trojan.Win32.FTP Attack

Still trying to solve the problems with my computer. Using WindowsXP, I.E.
and O.E. If I am in the wrong newsgroup, please show the proper URL.
I did a scan with XoftSpy and found "Trojan.Win32.FTP Attack - Registry
Value. It is in: software\microsoft\windows\current version\run\reminder
I then did other scans with Spybot, S and D; Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1;
and Ad-Aware SE. None of these three found this Trojan. Is XoftSpy for
real? Can it find Trojans that the others cannot? I also have constant
problems with "Data Miner" and XoftSpy says it automatically gets rid of
them too.
I would greatly appreciate any information on the differences in these
spyware systems. I would gladly pay the fees IF I knew the system was the
best and would work.
Inez
2 answers Last reply
More about trojan win32 attack

    These tools scan for spyware and not for trojans. To look for them, go to www.moosoft.com and download "The Cleaner".

    "inez" <inez@DoNotCall.com> escribió en el mensaje news:%233b9NTxPFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    > Still trying to solve the problems with my computer. Using WindowsXP, I.E.
    > and O.E. If I am in the wrong newsgroup, please show the proper URL.
    > I did a scan with XoftSpy and found "Trojan.Win32.FTP Attack - Registry
    > Value. It is in: software\microsoft\windows\current version\run\reminder
    > I then did other scans with Spybot, S and D; Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1;
    > and Ad-Aware SE. None of these three found this Trojan. Is XoftSpy for
    > real? Can it find Trojans that the others cannot? I also have constant
    > problems with "Data Miner" and XoftSpy says it automatically gets rid of
    > them too.
    > I would greatly appreciate any information on the differences in these
    > spyware systems. I would gladly pay the fees IF I knew the system was the
    > best and would work.
    > Inez

    Thanks for the help. I finally obliterated the FTP Attack Trojan.
    Inez
    "José Gallardo" <jogalb@QUITALOono.com> wrote in message
    These tools scan for spyware and not for trojans. To look for them, go to
    www.moosoft.com and download "The Cleaner".

    "inez" <inez@DoNotCall.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > Still trying to solve the problems with my computer. Using WindowsXP,
    > I.E.
    > and O.E. If I am in the wrong newsgroup, please show the proper URL.
    > I did a scan with XoftSpy and found "Trojan.Win32.FTP Attack - Registry
    > Value. It is in: software\microsoft\windows\current version\run\reminder
    > I then did other scans with Spybot, S and D; Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1;
    > and Ad-Aware SE. None of these three found this Trojan. Is XoftSpy for
    > real? Can it find Trojans that the others cannot? I also have constant
    > problems with "Data Miner" and XoftSpy says it automatically gets rid of
    > them too.
    > I would greatly appreciate any information on the differences in these
    > spyware systems. I would gladly pay the fees IF I knew the system was the
    > best and would work.
    > Inez

Trojan Microsoft Windows XP