Mike

Splendid

The power short cut key on my keyboard does not work . I have tried different
boards . No help. Had this problem for a while just getting tired of it . Any
help would be nice . Win xp home sp 2
amd xp 200
biostar mb
750meg ram
norton av

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:05F34F69-B31C-4EB2-A671-1639ED473F0B@microsoft.com,
Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> The power short cut key on my keyboard does not work . I have tried
> different boards . No help. Had this problem for a while just getting
> tired of it . Any help would be nice . Win xp home sp 2
> amd xp 200
> biostar mb
> 750meg ram
> norton av

Update to the newest software for your keyboard and it should work. What
kind of keyboard is it?

Galen

Mike

Splendid

"Mike" wrote:

> The power short cut key on my keyboard does not work . I have tried different
> boards . No help. Had this problem for a while just getting tired of it . Any
> help would be nice . Win xp home sp 2
> amd xp 200
> biostar mb
> 750meg ram
> norton av
> as far as I know there is no software for it . it is a genaric windows keyboard no name model hk 810

Mike

Splendid

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:05F34F69-B31C-4EB2-A671-1639ED473F0B@microsoft.com,
> Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > The power short cut key on my keyboard does not work . I have tried
> > different boards . No help. Had this problem for a while just getting
> > tired of it . Any help would be nice . Win xp home sp 2
> > amd xp 200
> > biostar mb
> > 750meg ram
> > norton av
>
> Update to the newest software for your keyboard and it should work. What
> kind of keyboard is it?
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.
>

> as far as i know there is no specila software for . Just windows drivers . no name model 810 keyboard .

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:0CABEEF2-88A0-446F-BFB8-4A35652996B9@microsoft.com,
Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>> as far as i know there is no specila software for . Just windows
>> drivers . no name model 810 keyboard .

Every keyboard that had a power button that I've used has also had a disk
that came with it. While my experiences may be limited in this matter I can
only say that I've had the chance to use a great number of keyboard in my
lifetime. Without the additional software or specialized drivers they didn't
have all the functionality that you'd get from the additional keys. Press
the Start button, click on Settings, open Control Panel, click on Classic
View, and in there click on the Keyboard applet icon. Do you have a third
tab available to you? If so then that would be where you can setup your
keyboards "special" keys. If not then you'll have to find out who made the
keyboard and see if the keyboard has software and drivers that you can use
that are supported in XP.

Galen