Centipede sound problem?

No sound in my centipede cocktail. If I hook up the speaker 1
checkpoint on the AR II, I can get sound through my home stereo phono
jack. I tried a different speaker in the cabinet, no sound. I
installed a new volume pot, no sound. All cabinet fuses were removed,
tested, cleaned and replaced. Voltages are all present and good on
pcb. What should I test or replace next?
Thanks for the help.
jim

Jim,

If your getting normal sound from the test points, you most likely
either have cold solder joints on the speaker connector housing on the
PCB, or a continuity problem with the wires running to the speaker.

Try re-flowing solder on the speaker housing connector pins and if that
doesn't work test the speaker wires for continuity. Also check the pins
in the connector to make sure they are making contact.

Good luck,

Jim

I had a problem like this with my Milipede cocktail. Turned out to be
the ARII board. If you have a known working ARII board, try it to see
if the problem still exists. I ended up replacing the amp on the ARII
board.

Mike Fox
Algonquin, IL

jimmyjet wrote:
> No sound in my centipede cocktail. If I hook up the speaker 1
> checkpoint on the AR II, I can get sound through my home stereo phono
> jack. I tried a different speaker in the cabinet, no sound. I
> installed a new volume pot, no sound. All cabinet fuses were
removed,
> tested, cleaned and replaced. Voltages are all present and good on
> pcb. What should I test or replace next?
> Thanks for the help.
> jim

That did the trick. The pins weren't in the connector correctly. Only
one was making solid contact. It was making contact enough for my
multimeter to say I had continuity, but not enough to produce sound I
guess.
Thanks for the tip.
jim