text size in internet browsers

i am currently using windows xp, and when i open either one of my 2 internet
browsers (maxthon or internet explorer) the text apperars far to big for the
window. This is a resently occuring problem and i cant find out whats causing
it. i have un-instaled and re-instaled both and it still wont go away. i was
wondering if the Xp display settings could be causeing this and if so how to
fix it or, some kind of virus.

"Archibald" <Archibald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am currently using windows xp, and when i open either one of my 2
>internet
> browsers (maxthon or internet explorer) the text apperars far to big for
> the
> window. This is a resently occuring problem and i cant find out whats
> causing
> it. i have un-instaled and re-instaled both and it still wont go away. i
> was
> wondering if the Xp display settings could be causeing this and if so how
> fix it or, some kind of virus.

Internet Explorer allows you to change the text size - this is for
accessibility reasons, I suppose the idea is that if you have poor eye sight
then you may want to have larger text.

Within Internet Explorer, pull down the "View" menu, off that you have "Text
Size". I set mine to medium, it sounds like yours is larger or largest.

If that doesn't help then Internet Explorer also allows you to use your own
custom style sheet. This can affect the appearance of pages. Tools >
Internet Options, on the General tab click [Accessibility]. Ensure
everything is unchecked - although probably only "Ignore font sizes..." and
"Format documents using my style sheet" are the only ones you need
unchecked.

Hope this helps,

Brian.

www.cryer.co.uk/brian

thank you brian,

your advise cleared the problem, and it is much apreciated, thanks

"Brian Cryer" wrote:

> "Archibald" <Archibald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i am currently using windows xp, and when i open either one of my 2
> >internet
> > browsers (maxthon or internet explorer) the text apperars far to big for
> > the
> > window. This is a resently occuring problem and i cant find out whats
> > causing
> > it. i have un-instaled and re-instaled both and it still wont go away. i
> > was
> > wondering if the Xp display settings could be causeing this and if so how
> > fix it or, some kind of virus.
>
> Internet Explorer allows you to change the text size - this is for
> accessibility reasons, I suppose the idea is that if you have poor eye sight
> then you may want to have larger text.
>
> Within Internet Explorer, pull down the "View" menu, off that you have "Text
> Size". I set mine to medium, it sounds like yours is larger or largest.
>
> If that doesn't help then Internet Explorer also allows you to use your own
> custom style sheet. This can affect the appearance of pages. Tools >
> Internet Options, on the General tab click [Accessibility]. Ensure
> everything is unchecked - although probably only "Ignore font sizes..." and
> "Format documents using my style sheet" are the only ones you need
> unchecked.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Brian.
>
> www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Just for future information, if you have a wheel mouse (who doesn't these
days), it is possible that you or someone in your house used the font size
shortcut accidentally... Font size can be changed easily (and accidentally)
by holding down the CTRL (CONTROL) key on your keyboard and moving the wheel
on the mouse. This is most likely what happened in your case...