Poser 5 on a 64-bit XP/SP2 machine?

Hello.. This is the message from the Curious Labs Website explaining whta is
happening, and why my computer re-boots itself when I try to load poser. Is
there anyway that I can disable the SP2 features, as I cannot uninstall it,
it was included with my version of windows. So I am asking, after pulling my
hair out.. is there anyway that I can disable it????

Recently we've seen problems cropping up that stem from Windows XP Service
Pack 2's implementation of data execution prevention (a security feature
designed to help prevent some kinds of Trojans and viruses from executing)-
on 64-bit AMD-based machines in particular, installing both our Service
Release 4.1 updater and Windows XP SP2 prevents Poser from launching. We're
working towards a fix for this, but for the moment we urge high-end AMD-based
Poser users to hold off on installing SP2 until we can get a new service
release out. If you have installed SP2 and require its features, you can run
Poser in safe mode; this is not a convenient solution but it should allow
Poser to run.

Right-click on MY COMPUTER and select:
Properties > Advanced tab > Performance > Settings >
Data Execution Prevention and make your desired
settings changes.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Alisa" wrote:

| Hello.. This is the message from the Curious Labs Website explaining whta is
| happening, and why my computer re-boots itself when I try to load poser. Is
| there anyway that I can disable the SP2 features, as I cannot uninstall it,
| it was included with my version of windows. So I am asking, after pulling my
| hair out.. is there anyway that I can disable it????
| ___________________________________________________________________
|
| Recently we've seen problems cropping up that stem from Windows XP Service
| Pack 2's implementation of data execution prevention (a security feature
| designed to help prevent some kinds of Trojans and viruses from executing)-
| on 64-bit AMD-based machines in particular, installing both our Service
| Release 4.1 updater and Windows XP SP2 prevents Poser from launching. We're
| working towards a fix for this, but for the moment we urge high-end AMD-based
| Poser users to hold off on installing SP2 until we can get a new service
| release out. If you have installed SP2 and require its features, you can run
| Poser in safe mode; this is not a convenient solution but it should allow
| Poser to run.

TRENDING THREADS