service pack 2

I am trying to install sp2 but my xp does not list back up under system tool
so hoe do I back up my files before installing sp2?

A way to back up your files is, if you have a CDRW and a Copy to Disk
software, you can copy you files you want to save on to a CD. Just do a copy
and paste. I have Roxie software and it is pretty user friendly. Another way
is if you had another hard drive on your computer, just copy the files on
that hard Drive. Another way is use a Zip drive. All I save is .doc; jpeg;
..bmp etc. I don't save programs that I have the disk, because I can reload
them back in if necessary. Hope this helps.

"Gerrysbeach somewhere" <Gerrysbeach somewhere@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:4BD635D9-66FF-4848-B8BD-AB2470F958F4@microsoft.com...
> I am trying to install sp2 but my xp does not list back up under system
tool
> so hoe do I back up my files before installing sp2?

HOW TO: Install Backup from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302894

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User