disc read error after speeddisk interrupted

i was running Norton Speeddisk and my daughter interrupted it at 85% complete
to change accounts and type a report. the system was re-booted and i get a
disk read error, press ctrl+alt+del to restart. i cant even start in safe
mode. the hard drive shows up in the BIOS and i ran some Dell diagnostics and
everything passed. it just wont boot up. would a repair install help? i
really hope i didnt lose everything.
--
Whether you think you can,or you think you cannot, you are right.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.­com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP