Blue Screen of Death with XP SP2 and Combo USB/Firewire Ca..

So I recently built a new computer and decided to keep my existing
Koutech F7002 Firewire/USB Combo PCI card. This thing has a front face
plate and attaches to the PCI card thru a IDE ribbon cable. Problem is
that anything I plug into this thing causes Windows to briefly hang and
eventually blue screen. I am running Win XP Professional, SP 2. Also,
all my BIOS settings "should" be correct - they have USB 2 enabled and
there are no apparent IRQ conflicts. The drivers for the combo card
also seem to be ok - Win XP found the card immediately and loaded the
necessary drivers. I don't have any problems if I use the Firewire/USB
ports that are attached to the motherboard, but no luck with the ones
from this combo card. Also, I've tried moving the combo card to
different PCI slots, with absolutely no luck. Does anyone have any
ideas or suggestions?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in
advance...

Have you gone here and downloaded the latest drivers? Is there any
setting in the Bios that allows you to assign a IRQ
to the PCI Slot you have the Card in?
http://www.koutech.com/downloads.asp
"gxb101" <gxb101@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> So I recently built a new computer and decided to keep my existing
> Koutech F7002 Firewire/USB Combo PCI card. This thing has a front face
> plate and attaches to the PCI card thru a IDE ribbon cable. Problem is
> that anything I plug into this thing causes Windows to briefly hang and
> eventually blue screen. I am running Win XP Professional, SP 2. Also,
> all my BIOS settings "should" be correct - they have USB 2 enabled and
> there are no apparent IRQ conflicts. The drivers for the combo card
> also seem to be ok - Win XP found the card immediately and loaded the
> necessary drivers. I don't have any problems if I use the Firewire/USB
> ports that are attached to the motherboard, but no luck with the ones
> from this combo card. Also, I've tried moving the combo card to
> different PCI slots, with absolutely no luck. Does anyone have any
> ideas or suggestions?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in
> advance...

The drivers I already had on an install disk - the issue is that it
looks like the Win XP SP2 drivers which are installed as soon as I boot
up with the combo card in place are completely different from the ones
supplied by Koutech. I am assuming the XP drivers are the "better" ones
since they should be more recent. I've tried to Override the XP drivers
(deleting them then installing Koutech's) but it just reinstalls them
as soon as Windows detects the combo card.

As for the BIOS, the IRQ settings can't be assigned from what I can
tell. You can simply turn them on or off thru the BIOS. Do you think
flashing the BIOS would make a difference?