As Useless as T1t$ on a...

Well, the FX5200 PCI-EX isn't the bottom of the barrel,

<A HREF="http://www.beyond3d.com/#news10350" target="_new">THIS</A> is!

I bet you dell is getting ready to slap a ton of them into their rigs.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Ummm yeah, I misread your post. OOPS.

I agree...can't wait for people to be convinced it's superior to the Ti4200, too.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Vapor on 02/23/04 12:47 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

cleeve

Illustrious
Yeah. The Geforce4 MX as a 4300?

4300... that must be better than a Ti4200, right?

Right?

Especially since it's part of that nifty new PCX line... which is better than the FX line, and much better than the old Geforce 4's and Geforce3's.

Right, guys?
Right?...

Pure f$%king evil.

agcheavin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004
well thats why you have a marketing department, if you can't sell em, rename em. Much cheaper than actually designing a new card. And it gets rid of all that old stock of cheap Memory and unwanted chips as well.

<font color=red>AMD 2700 XP<font color=red>
<font color=red>Gecube 9800 pro Extreme<font color=red>
<font color=blue>ASUS A7N8X deluxe<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>1024 meg Dual Channel DDR 3200<font color=blue>

I can see it at the stores....

naive KID/Parent: 4300 = 4200 with PCI-EX right?
clerk: Ummm, yeah sure, that's it that's the ticket!
naive kid/parent: So how much is it?
clerk: Ohhh well, just a small premium above the 4200! Soooo let's say $249US.
naive kid/Prent, wow that's even cheaper than my 4200 was.
clerk: Yeah we try and get you the best deals. :evil:

I fear any questions about those stupid card once they come out.

Why doesn't my PCX4300 card beat an R9600PRO, mine's PCI-EX, and that thing is 8XAGP, mine should blow it away!

MX4000 = Crap; PCX4300= CRAP on Crack!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

spitoon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2003
I just don't get it...I guess that is why I never took any marketing classes...

It says that the PCX 4300 is based on the Nv18 chip, isn't that an MX440??? Nice way to get rid of all those old chips that are laying around the factory...

That's right GrapeApe, get ready for the barrage of questions/complaints about 'Why my computer performs poorly with my NEW PCX 4300?????'

splenda20

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
Why don't we wait until the card comes out before we rip it apart. No one has seen any real specs, no one knows what type of mem it will use, how much mem, what it'll be clocked at...
Who knows maybe this card might rock!
Maybe it'll take the crown from the Radeon 9600XT as the number one midrange card!
Maybe it'll be the card that puts NVidia back on the map as a market leader!
Maybe...

Oh wait.. NV18?
Yeah, it'll suck balls

cleeve

Illustrious
Back to the inevitable automobile metaphors:

The PCX 4300 is like Chevrolet re-releasing the 1993 Sprint with a nifty paint job, 17" low-profile mag wheels, and a massive chrome exhaust tip. And calling it the "Chevrolet Phantom"

It sounds more impressive to a noob, but it's still a POS 1993 Chevrolet Sprint.
And those big-ass tires aren't really going to help it move any faster.

pauldh

Illustrious
Links not working now, but I think I get the picture.

Yeah, Grape and then the next kid who spent even more because the clerk said most new games will need the 256MB version. He'll be complaining here 1 post after the other kid. And it will go on and on. :frown:

Then of course there are a few people here who will jump in and call all of us fanboys and retards, and claim it's a great card... [rolleyes]

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

Snorkius

Splendid
Sep 16, 2003
Just like to say that T¡ts are infinitely more usefull...

A long long time ago, but I can still remember, how that music used to make me smile... <A HREF="http://www.nexus.hu/zonix/DIGGER.MID" target="_new"><b><font color=blue>Digger rulz</font color=blue></b></A>

I'm not sure if you were kidding or not (due to your final statements), but just in theoretical rebuttal...

Why don't we wait until the card comes out before we rip it apart.
Why wait, when we already know that it is the exact same core as MX4000, and thereby has no need for 8X AGP, let alone PCI-EX. Why put off a good put-down when we can do it in advance of the product to let nV and potential; buyers know that this blows. To me it's like ATI bringing back the RageFuryPro and calling it the Radeon 8888PRO. Sure ATI's had naming issues, but this is resurecting a product better left dead.

There is no way that the PCX4300 will come anywhere near the R9600XT; your statement is as absurd as perhaps and R9600SE on PCI-EX will outperform and FX5950Ultra at Quake3.

I will grant you anything about the potential of the Higher end cards, and nV may even take the middle ground (if early returns on the RV380 are any indication [yes I know it was slightly underclocked, but it's still far from an R9700/R9800 it was promised to be]), we shall see, however I simply hope that people don't get suckered into buying one of these over a GF4ti or an R9600, simply because of the PCI-EX marketing ploy.

cleeve

Illustrious
Then of course there are a few people here who will jump in and call all of us fanboys and retards, and claim it's a great card...

I don't think there's an Nvidiot that retarded in existance.

No wait, there is. Where art thou, Hineigger?

Yeah the reason I didn't finish it was because people may get offended by MY common statement, but there is an alternate. You Pick, Bull or Nun !?!?! :evil:

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I'd bet SoD would say it's better than a 9600XT BECAUSE it has a PCI-EX interface (but it's not even native anyway).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
4300? that's going to OWN!!!!
I mean, it GOT TO BE FASTER THAN THE 5200? RIGHT? RIGHT?

OMFG = =..........

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
never tried to go crazy when it comes to o/cing.
THGC's resident Asian and Graphics Forum's resident nVboy :D

agcheavin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004
ooooh, i can see I'm going to have to trade my 9800 pro in on when of dem dare PCI EX cards, dem dang thingy's got a new name so dems must be better.

I can see all of those Nvidia fans chanting to the great god of FPS, there secret chant of all things in this world that are great and powerful,the famous WTF chant when for an extra 200 bucks they get an extra 2 frames per sec if there lucky, WTF, WTF, WTF...agh yes, I can see their drool now.

Poor misguided souls...I can almost pity them trapped inside a world of there own creation, caring not about FPS, as long as the Nvidia god says it's good, it must be. Agh yes, the devout amgst them will be "chokin " a few chickens tonight over that news.

And the world turns again, but not alas for the Nvidia fan boys for their world chatters around cause the card can't handle the frame rate.

Flame on, tis all just tongue in cheek

Gary

<font color=red>AMD 2700 XP<font color=red>
<font color=red>Gecube 9800 pro Extreme<font color=red>
<font color=blue>ASUS A7N8X deluxe<font color=blue>
<font color=blue>1024 meg Dual Channel DDR 3200<font color=blue>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
I'd bet SoD would say it's better than a 9600XT BECAUSE it has a PCI-EX interface
Agree

----------------
Please vote in this poll: <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=39560#39560" target="_new">Should Tom Fire Omid?</A>

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Can this thing be flashed to a 5950? :smile:

<A HREF="http://rmitz.org/AYB3.swf" target="_new">All your base are belong to us.</A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=2106920" target="_new"><b>3DMark03</b></A>

You know it. Perhaps we should prepare instructions for future owners.

Here, take this Quadro FX5000 experimental engineering sample BIOS, which happens to have a Russian Readme files (just ignore it), then flash the card, and then be sure to Uninstall all traces of OpenGL extensions, we all know they are pure evil.
MMmmm now you have the secret weapon, or something to weap-on; either way definitely a hit with the Ladies! :wink:

icy_oblivion

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
4300, great idea for NVidia, they are using a bridge chip already, so if they put on faster memory and clock it a bit hihger than the MX they might actually get the same preformance.

<b>Just because I like AMD or Intel more at a time because of one product compared to another, does not make me a fan boy, it makes me a person who is able to make a decision for myself.</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I bet most of them will be 256MB!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised, 256mb of TSOP 6ns stuff.

Who knows maybe by the end of the year they'll be 512mb. :evil:

Prepare yourself for the PCX4300 questions. In order to prepare yourself, have temporary chemical labotomy, and temporarily blind yourself with a flash bulb so you can experience life as these people surely must.

TRENDING THREADS