Wrong Address to this Newsgroup

On the page
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_Newsgroups.mspx
when clicking on the ng address link, the following message is displayed:
"The URL you provided is invalid. Please correct it and try again"

The address it is going to is
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=mscom&slcid=US&newsgroup=microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware

PS: At the end of registering (passport) we also don't come back to this
newsgroup.

Marcia, I'll try passing along the information for you and see what those
who control the web-base newsgroup stuff can do.

Is there a specific reason you cannot use a regular news reader (Outlook
Express comes with all Windows operating system installs) directly from the
msnews.microsoft.com news server? All you need to do is set up a News
account with msnews.microsoft.com news server. You will then automatically
download ALL Microsoft's newsgroups, free, no logon, no password. You can
then subscribe to any you wish, no matter what your Internet Service
Provider may be.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Marcia B." <MarciaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On the page
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_Newsgroups.mspx
> when clicking on the ng address link, the following message is displayed:
> "The URL you provided is invalid. Please correct it and try again"
>
> The address it is going to is
> http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=mscom&slcid=US&newsgroup=microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware
>
> PS: At the end of registering (passport) we also don't come back to this
> newsgroup.

Thanks, Chris.

I was just reporting a broken link on one of the pages. I can access the ng
using the browser; no problem -- I got the correct address from the link on
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;MSbbn.

I may set up Outlook Express on this computer, though.

Marcia

"Chris H." wrote:

> Marcia, I'll try passing along the information for you and see what those
> who control the web-base newsgroup stuff can do.
>
> Is there a specific reason you cannot use a regular news reader (Outlook
> Express comes with all Windows operating system installs) directly from the
> msnews.microsoft.com news server? All you need to do is set up a News
> account with msnews.microsoft.com news server. You will then automatically
> download ALL Microsoft's newsgroups, free, no logon, no password. You can
> then subscribe to any you wish, no matter what your Internet Service
> Provider may be.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Marcia B." <MarciaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > On the page
> > http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_Newsgroups.mspx
> > when clicking on the ng address link, the following message is displayed:
> > "The URL you provided is invalid. Please correct it and try again"
> >
> > The address it is going to is
> > http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=mscom&slcid=US&newsgroup=microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware
> >
> > PS: At the end of registering (passport) we also don't come back to this
> > newsgroup.

I reported it, Marcia. I think you'll find using any new reader much easier
than a web-based interface at any time. You can, for one thing, Hide Read
Messages. That means each time you read a message, you no longer need sort
through all those you've seen before. :cool: You can set also rules, with
colors for your own posts or those of other people, keep certain messages in
separate folders you create - automatically - as they come in. Lots of
things!