My computer doesn't want to start up.

My computer started restarting when I was using it. All of sudden it
restarted and it makes a disk check, and when the windows is starting up. It
restarts and does the same thing all over again. If anybody has an idea on
how to make it boot please help. Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about computer doesn start

    You never see the desktop or Welcome screen/logon prompt?

    Which version of Windows? Have you tried a safe boot + restore last known
    good configuration?
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307852&sd=tech -
    hit F8 on boot before Windows loads)

    (Other possible causes that come to mind: RAM, heat issues (PROC), hard
    drive, system files corrupt/virus/malware)

    --
    Mark St. John

    "Brenda L." <BrendaL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer started restarting when I was using it. All of sudden it
    > restarted and it makes a disk check, and when the windows is starting up.
    > It
    > restarts and does the same thing all over again. If anybody has an idea on
    > how to make it boot please help. Thank you.

    I don't show the welcome screen it just restarts and does a disk check. I
    have windows xp.

    "Mark [MSFT]" wrote:

    > You never see the desktop or Welcome screen/logon prompt?
    >
    > Which version of Windows? Have you tried a safe boot + restore last known
    > good configuration?
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307852&sd=tech -
    > hit F8 on boot before Windows loads)
    >
    > (Other possible causes that come to mind: RAM, heat issues (PROC), hard
    > drive, system files corrupt/virus/malware)
    >
    > --
    > Mark St. John
    >
    > "Brenda L." <BrendaL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My computer started restarting when I was using it. All of sudden it
    > > restarted and it makes a disk check, and when the windows is starting up.
    > > It
    > > restarts and does the same thing all over again. If anybody has an idea on
    > > how to make it boot please help. Thank you.

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP