MN-500 Configured as Bridge (Continued...)

OK. Now security is on and I can see and connect to the wireless network.
However, I cannot get to the internet... I am not able to renew the ip of
the machine while connected to the wireless network...
If on the same machine I use the neighbor's (unsecured) wireless network, I
can access the internet.

Is there any configuration option that I need to change if I go through a
router when using security?

What I currently have: MN-500 (with security enabled) set up as a bridge;
the ethernet cable goes from the "to modem" to the ethernet router port; the
router (192.168.1.1) is the DHCP server; the DSL modem is connected to the
router.

Before setting up security, the machines using wireless connection had
access to the internet.
From the machines connected to the router (using ethernet cable) I still
have access to the internet.

What am I missing?

Marcia
2 answers Last reply
More about configured bridge continued

    I came back to this again today and now everything is working fine. The
    problem was very trivial: the key being used at the client computers.

    I configured WEP to use 64bits and entered 4 keys. I picked key 1 to be the
    one used but when applying the changes, the message displayed by the Base
    Station Management Tool showed the content of key number 2 as the key to be
    used when trying to connect...

    At the clients I used key number 2 at first with no success... Today I
    entered key number 1 (the one I really picked) when trying to connect and
    then -- tada! -- it worked.

    I tested selecting the other keys (in the BSMT) and the message always
    displayed the content of key number 2 as the one to be used, no matter what
    key number I picked. Seems like a bug to me...

    If I just had ignored the message displayed, all would have been fine. But
    best of all: all is working now!

    Marcia

    "Marcia B." wrote:

    > OK. Now security is on and I can see and connect to the wireless network.
    > However, I cannot get to the internet... I am not able to renew the ip of
    > the machine while connected to the wireless network...
    > If on the same machine I use the neighbor's (unsecured) wireless network, I
    > can access the internet.
    >
    > Is there any configuration option that I need to change if I go through a
    > router when using security?
    >
    > What I currently have: MN-500 (with security enabled) set up as a bridge;
    > the ethernet cable goes from the "to modem" to the ethernet router port; the
    > router (192.168.1.1) is the DHCP server; the DSL modem is connected to the
    > router.
    >
    > Before setting up security, the machines using wireless connection had
    > access to the internet.
    > From the machines connected to the router (using ethernet cable) I still
    > have access to the internet.
    >
    > What am I missing?
    >
    > Marcia

    Way to go. Up and running.

Routers Security Wireless Network Networking