How to change the IE default download Dirrectory ?

Just hate it when ever i download somthing with IE. And it puts it
onthe desktop GRRRRRRRRRR.

And yes i do use a Download manager MAssdownloader. But some files
just don't work with it. So i need to use IE :(

And now that i have 1.5 mbs broadband i use the download manager so
little. Don't realy need it now when i can download a multi meg file
in a few minutes :p

Thanks for any help.

You don't get the Save To applet when you click a link to an executable
file? How about when you right click?

"Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message

> Just hate it when ever i download somthing with IE. And it puts it
> onthe desktop GRRRRRRRRRR.
>
> And yes i do use a Download manager MAssdownloader. But some files
> just don't work with it. So i need to use IE :(
>

> And now that i have 1.5 mbs broadband i use the download manager so
> little. Don't realy need it now when i can download a multi meg file
> in a few minutes :p
>
> Thanks for any help.

Yep i do :) But if i tell it to save elsewhere does it save that
setting ?

Becuase thats what i want. So i don't have to bother with telling it
where to go.

Thats all. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK :p

> Yep i do :) But if i tell it to save elsewhere does it save that
> setting ?
>
> Becuase thats what i want. So i don't have to bother with telling it
> where to go.
>
> Thats all. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK :p

IE should remember the directory where you save your last file.

--
William

Jd

I created a folder called Downloads on C. Windows always goes to that folder
automatically.
"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message
>>

>> Yep i do :) But if i tell it to save elsewhere does it save that
>> setting ?
>>
>> Becuase thats what i want. So i don't have to bother with telling it
>> where to go.
>>
>> Thats all. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK :p
>>

> IE should remember the directory where you save your last file.
>
> --
> William

Well SPANK ME SILLY, How did Microsoft think of somthing easy to do
like that ????

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:13:44 -0700, "JD" <Erehwon@Example.com> wrote:

>I created a folder called Downloads on C. Windows always goes to that folder
>automatically.
>"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Yep i do :) But if i tell it to save elsewhere does it save that
>>> setting ?
>>>
>>> Becuase thats what i want. So i don't have to bother with telling it
>>> where to go.
>>>
>>> Thats all. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK :p
>>>

>> IE should remember the directory where you save your last file.
>>
>> --
>> William

The last Save To location will be the location you will be prompted to use
the next time you download a file. As for spanking you silly . . . you'll
have to look elsewhere for that.

> Well SPANK ME SILLY, How did Microsoft think of somthing easy to do
> like that ????
>

> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:13:44 -0700, "JD" <Erehwon@Example.com> wrote:
>
> >I created a folder called Downloads on C. Windows always goes to that
folder
> >automatically.
> >"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Digital Sheep" <1@2> wrote in message

> >> IE should remember the directory where you save your last file.
> >>
> >> --
> >> William

Already been spanked. Got another Apointment Tuesday :p