Windows XP Does Not Recognize a DVD-RW Disc

Windows XP Does Not Recognize a DVD-RW Disc, what do I need to do to fix this?

Do you have packet writing software installed?

Windows XP does not natively support packet writing, which allows the use of
a DVD-RW as a reusable disc.

You must have third party software, such as Roxio EZCD Creator, Nero,
Burning ROM, etc.
In addition, the physical DVD drive has to support the -RW format. Not all
do.

Bobby

"SAHM" <SAHM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Does Not Recognize a DVD-RW Disc, what do I need to do to fix
> this?

Do you have a second cdrom drive you did not have before ?. My Xp
thinks the DVD-r RW is a Cdrom. That throw me for a while thinking it
did not support RW !!!