Windows XP Does Not Recognize a DVD-RW Disc

Windows XP Does Not Recognize a DVD-RW Disc, what do I need to do to fix this?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows recognize disc

    Do you have packet writing software installed?

    Windows XP does not natively support packet writing, which allows the use of
    a DVD-RW as a reusable disc.

    You must have third party software, such as Roxio EZCD Creator, Nero,
    Burning ROM, etc.
    In addition, the physical DVD drive has to support the -RW format. Not all
    do.

    Bobby

    "SAHM" <SAHM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows XP Does Not Recognize a DVD-RW Disc, what do I need to do to fix
    > this?

    Do you have a second cdrom drive you did not have before ?. My Xp
    thinks the DVD-r RW is a Cdrom. That throw me for a while thinking it
    did not support RW !!!

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:09:52 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!"
    <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote:

    >Do you have packet writing software installed?
    >
    >Windows XP does not natively support packet writing, which allows the use of
    >a DVD-RW as a reusable disc.
    >
    >You must have third party software, such as Roxio EZCD Creator, Nero,
    >Burning ROM, etc.
    >In addition, the physical DVD drive has to support the -RW format. Not all
    >do.
    >

    >Bobby
    >

    >"SAHM" <SAHM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Windows XP Does Not Recognize a DVD-RW Disc, what do I need to do to fix
    >> this?

DVD RW Support Microsoft Windows XP