Text to speech in XP?

Software like Encarta has a built in reader so that you can have text read
aloud. Acrobat Reader I understand can also read documents aloud providing
you have text to speech software.

Does XP pro have a built document reader so that this function can be used
or do you require some plug in? If it's inbuilt how does one find it & turn
it on?

--
Thanks in advance

bar

The Text-to-Speech tab on Speech properties in Control Panel presents the
options for each TTS engine. See the individual Help topics for specific
help. In addition to the general options, each engine can have a different
set of specific features. For that reason, not all the resulting dialog boxes
will look the same. It is possible that no special features have been
included and some of the properties buttons will not have an associated
dialog box

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:10:25 +0800, The Old Timer wrote:

> Software like Encarta has a built in reader so that you can have text read
> aloud. Acrobat Reader I understand can also read documents aloud providing
> you have text to speech software.
>
> Does XP pro have a built document reader so that this function can be used
> or do you require some plug in? If it's inbuilt how does one find it & turn
> it on?

XP has "Narrator." Not very fancy and, personally, find it difficult to
work with.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User