Microsoft help

When I have posted questions, I am often sent links to a microsoft help
page. For instance, there was one on how to install Outlook Expres.
I am trying to find these sites, so I can find some answers myself about
Microsoft problems.
Does anyone know what site I am talking about?
Thanks,

"PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I have posted questions, I am often sent links to a microsoft help
> page. For instance, there was one on how to install Outlook Expres.
> I am trying to find these sites, so I can find some answers myself about
> Microsoft problems.
> Does anyone know what site I am talking about?
> Thanks,

Do you mean
and
http://support.microsoft.com/

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"PattiChati" <PattiChati@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I have posted questions, I am often sent links to a microsoft help
> page. For instance, there was one on how to install Outlook Expres.
> I am trying to find these sites, so I can find some answers myself about
> Microsoft problems.
> Does anyone know what site I am talking about?
> Thanks,

Hi PattiChati,

Follow the links provided by Mike. For general/OS issues, I'd start
searching Google. Example: To search for the phrase "Messenger service" in
Microsoft.com domain, type this in Google Search

http://www.google.com/search?q=messenger+service+site:support.microsoft.com

Google Help Central:
http://www.google.com/help/
http://www.google.com/help/features.html#sitesearch

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Hi PattiChati,
>
> Follow the links provided by Mike. For general/OS issues, I'd start
> searching Google. Example: To search for the phrase "Messenger service" in
> Microsoft.com domain, type this in Google Search
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=messenger+service+site:support.microsoft.com
>
> Google Help Central:
> http://www.google.com/help/
> http://www.google.com/help/features.html#sitesearch
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Hi Ramesh,

I was wondering, do you think you can make
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:support.microsoft.com into a SearchURL
hook? So when I type "GoogleMS Messenger Service" in the address bar without
the quotes you would get the same results as
http://www.google.com/search?q=messenger+service+site:support.microsoft.com.

--
William

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi PattiChati,
>>
>> Follow the links provided by Mike. For general/OS issues, I'd start
>> searching Google. Example: To search for the phrase "Messenger service"
>> in Microsoft.com domain, type this in Google Search
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=messenger+service+site:support.microsoft.com
>>
>> Google Help Central:
>> http://www.google.com/help/
>> http://www.google.com/help/features.html#sitesearch
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

> Hi Ramesh,
>
> I was wondering, do you think you can make
> http://www.google.com/search?q=site:support.microsoft.com into a SearchURL
> hook? So when I type "GoogleMS Messenger Service" in the address bar
> without the quotes you would get the same results as
> http://www.google.com/search?q=messenger+service+site:support.microsoft.com.
>
> --
> William

I got it, i used this in the Registry under SearchURL and it works great.:)

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:support.microsoft.com+%s

--
William

William,

Yes, that's possible and I currently do have that setup here.

G "messenger service" from the address bar will do :)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> William,
>
> Yes, that's possible and I currently do have that setup here.
>
> G "messenger service" from the address bar will do :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi PattiChati,
>>>
>>> Follow the links provided by Mike. For general/OS issues, I'd start
>>> searching Google. Example: To search for the phrase "Messenger service"
>>> in Microsoft.com domain, type this in Google Search
>>>
>>> http://www.google.com/search?q=messenger+service+site:support.microsoft.com
>>>
>>> Google Help Central:
>>> http://www.google.com/help/
>>> http://www.google.com/help/features.html#sitesearch
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>> Hi Ramesh,
>>
>> I was wondering, do you think you can make
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=site:support.microsoft.com into a
>> SearchURL hook? So when I type "GoogleMS Messenger Service" in the
>> address bar without the quotes you would get the same results as
>> http://www.google.com/search?q=messenger+service+site:support.microsoft.com.
>>
>> --
>> William

I think I will replace googlems with g, less typing. Thanks.

--
William

I use these SearchURLs:

Dictionary.com search: