Which is better? Cruis'n World or Sega Rally Championship?

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey guys more of a pinhead but I am looking at getting a twin sitdown driver
and selling 2 of my pins. My choices are Cruis'n World or Sega Rally
Championship. Both are the same price but I have no experience playing
either other then on an emulator. Can someone tell me which is better to
have in a gamesroom for the long run? We have no kids unless you count me
and it'll get mostly adult play so I want something that is going to hold
our interest.

thx Neil

It depends on what you're looking for in the driver...

The sega games stress more "realism" by far then the Atari games do.

On the plus side with sega you can always swap boards later on if you get
tired with Rally.

steve

"Neil" <neil_bell69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys more of a pinhead but I am looking at getting a twin sitdown
> driver
> and selling 2 of my pins. My choices are Cruis'n World or Sega Rally
> Championship. Both are the same price but I have no experience playing
> either other then on an emulator. Can someone tell me which is better to
> have in a gamesroom for the long run? We have no kids unless you count me
> and it'll get mostly adult play so I want something that is going to hold
> our interest.
>

> thx Neil

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What other games will run in this sega cabinet
"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> It depends on what you're looking for in the driver...
>
> The sega games stress more "realism" by far then the Atari games do.
>
> On the plus side with sega you can always swap boards later on if you get
> tired with Rally.
>
> steve
>
> "Neil" <neil_bell69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hey guys more of a pinhead but I am looking at getting a twin sitdown
>> driver
>> and selling 2 of my pins. My choices are Cruis'n World or Sega Rally
>> Championship. Both are the same price but I have no experience playing
>> either other then on an emulator. Can someone tell me which is better to
>> have in a gamesroom for the long run? We have no kids unless you count me
>> and it'll get mostly adult play so I want something that is going to hold
>> our interest.
>>

>> thx Neil

I believe you can plug in almost any model 2/3 board into the cabinet....
you'll have to be carefull about how you write things up (model 2 b/c are
interchangeable, but 2-A (which is rally) has a different pinout).

http://www.arcadebase.de/tech3.html has all the instructions you need to
hook things up...

It's unknown to me what will happen to the force effects if you swap (anyone
else know?)

You can look at www.system16.com and check out the model 2 a/b/c (forget
about daytona (just model 2).. it's a world unto itself) and the model 3
boards and see what's available (quite a lot).

Alternatly, you can get the latest version of mame rom's (there are MANY
mame rom burners out there that will burn you a complet set for about $25
shipped), download the nebula model 2 emulator... and simply go and try them
out.

> What other games will run in this sega cabinet
> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> It depends on what you're looking for in the driver...
>>
>> The sega games stress more "realism" by far then the Atari games do.
>>
>> On the plus side with sega you can always swap boards later on if you get
>> tired with Rally.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "Neil" <neil_bell69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hey guys more of a pinhead but I am looking at getting a twin sitdown
>>> driver
>>> and selling 2 of my pins. My choices are Cruis'n World or Sega Rally
>>> Championship. Both are the same price but I have no experience playing
>>> either other then on an emulator. Can someone tell me which is better to
>>> have in a gamesroom for the long run? We have no kids unless you count
>>> me
>>> and it'll get mostly adult play so I want something that is going to
>>> hold
>>> our interest.
>>>

>>> thx Neil

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thx for the links Steve lots of good info there...It would seem the sega is
the better choice in this case.......going from model 2 to model 3 is fairly
straight forward.
>I believe you can plug in almost any model 2/3 board into the cabinet....
>you'll have to be carefull about how you write things up (model 2 b/c are
>interchangeable, but 2-A (which is rally) has a different pinout).
>
> http://www.arcadebase.de/tech3.html has all the instructions you need to
> hook things up...
>
> It's unknown to me what will happen to the force effects if you swap
> (anyone else know?)
>
> You can look at www.system16.com and check out the model 2 a/b/c (forget
> about daytona (just model 2).. it's a world unto itself) and the model 3
> boards and see what's available (quite a lot).
>
> Alternatly, you can get the latest version of mame rom's (there are MANY
> mame rom burners out there that will burn you a complet set for about $25
> shipped), download the nebula model 2 emulator... and simply go and try
> them out.
>
> steve
>
> "Neil" <neil_bell69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What other games will run in this sega cabinet
>> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> It depends on what you're looking for in the driver...
>>>
>>> The sega games stress more "realism" by far then the Atari games do.
>>>
>>> On the plus side with sega you can always swap boards later on if you
>>> get tired with Rally.
>>>
>>> steve
>>>
>>> "Neil" <neil_bell69@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I believe so... of course, I'm biased as I own 2 Indy 500 twins (don't ask
why 2... it's a long story... fixing one up and selling it soon (1 side
still has feedback issues other is 100%).

good luck... let me know how it goes.

> Thx for the links Steve lots of good info there...It would seem the sega
> is the better choice in this case.......going from model 2 to model 3 is
> fairly straight forward.
> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I believe you can plug in almost any model 2/3 board into the cabinet....
>>you'll have to be carefull about how you write things up (model 2 b/c are
>>interchangeable, but 2-A (which is rally) has a different pinout).
>>
>> http://www.arcadebase.de/tech3.html has all the instructions you need to
>> hook things up...
>>
>> It's unknown to me what will happen to the force effects if you swap
>> (anyone else know?)
>>
>> You can look at www.system16.com and check out the model 2 a/b/c (forget
>> about daytona (just model 2).. it's a world unto itself) and the model 3
>> boards and see what's available (quite a lot).
>>
>> Alternatly, you can get the latest version of mame rom's (there are MANY
>> mame rom burners out there that will burn you a complet set for about $25
>> shipped), download the nebula model 2 emulator... and simply go and try
>> them out.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "Neil" <neil_bell69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> What other games will run in this sega cabinet
>>> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message

TRENDING THREADS