TECH: Cabinet buzzing

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a few games, Mortal Kombat 2 and Wrestlefest, that when plugged into
my cabinet create a buzzing sound (like feedback) in my speakers. I have a
SF2 board as well, which doesn't cause this problem.

Unplugging the coin doors seemed to decrease the buzz a bit in MK2, but
didn't make it go away completely. Unplugging other items like the monitor,
lights, control panel buttons didn't decrease the buzzing anymore.

I'm very new to this, as it is my first cabinet. I'm pretty stumped as to
what else to try. Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Eric

Eric wrote:
> I have a few games, Mortal Kombat 2 and Wrestlefest, that when
plugged into
> my cabinet create a buzzing sound (like feedback) in my speakers. I
have a
> SF2 board as well, which doesn't cause this problem.
>
> Unplugging the coin doors seemed to decrease the buzz a bit in MK2,
but
> didn't make it go away completely. Unplugging other items like the
monitor,
> lights, control panel buttons didn't decrease the buzzing anymore.
>
> I'm very new to this, as it is my first cabinet. I'm pretty stumped
as to
> what else to try. Any suggestions??
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Eric

Eric,
Do you have a grounding plug on the end of the power cord? If not, that
could be your problem.

John

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If by grounding plug, you mean a 3 prong plug, then yes. It was originally
a two prong plug, but the guy I bought it from spliced the wires and placed
a 3 prong plug on it instead.

Any other suggestions? I'd really like to get this figured out, as it is
terribly difficult to enjoy my games with the buzzing and somewhate
frustrating for a newbie.

Thanks for all help!!

Eric

"Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Eric wrote:
>> I have a few games, Mortal Kombat 2 and Wrestlefest, that when
> plugged into
>> my cabinet create a buzzing sound (like feedback) in my speakers. I
> have a
>> SF2 board as well, which doesn't cause this problem.
>>
>> Unplugging the coin doors seemed to decrease the buzz a bit in MK2,
> but
>> didn't make it go away completely. Unplugging other items like the
> monitor,
>> lights, control panel buttons didn't decrease the buzzing anymore.
>>
>> I'm very new to this, as it is my first cabinet. I'm pretty stumped
> as to
>> what else to try. Any suggestions??
>>
>> Thanks!!
>>
>> Eric
>
> Eric,
> Do you have a grounding plug on the end of the power cord? If not, that
> could be your problem.
>
> John

Not sure if this applies to your game...take a look
*alarm clock syndrome*
http://www.dameon.net/BBBB/iso.html
Rick

"Eric" <nospam@spam.com> wrote in message
> If by grounding plug, you mean a 3 prong plug, then yes. It was
originally
> a two prong plug, but the guy I bought it from spliced the wires and
placed
> a 3 prong plug on it instead.
>
> Any other suggestions? I'd really like to get this figured out, as it is
> terribly difficult to enjoy my games with the buzzing and somewhate
> frustrating for a newbie.
>
> Thanks for all help!!
>
> Eric
>
> "Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Eric wrote:
> >> I have a few games, Mortal Kombat 2 and Wrestlefest, that when
> > plugged into
> >> my cabinet create a buzzing sound (like feedback) in my speakers. I
> > have a
> >> SF2 board as well, which doesn't cause this problem.
> >>
> >> Unplugging the coin doors seemed to decrease the buzz a bit in MK2,
> > but
> >> didn't make it go away completely. Unplugging other items like the
> > monitor,
> >> lights, control panel buttons didn't decrease the buzzing anymore.
> >>
> >> I'm very new to this, as it is my first cabinet. I'm pretty stumped
> > as to
> >> what else to try. Any suggestions??
> >>
> >> Thanks!!
> >>
> >> Eric
> >
> > Eric,
> > Do you have a grounding plug on the end of the power cord? If not, that
> > could be your problem.
> >
> > John

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for the tip, Rick, but I don't think this is my issue. The cabinet
only buzzes when i have either MK2 or Wrestlefest plugged in. SF2 doesn't
make any buzzing sound at all.

The buzzing actually comes from the speakers in the cabinet, not the actual
cabinet itself.

Any other suggestions?

Eric