Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I need help getting back online. My TCP/IP connection is screwed up. When I
try to type ipconfig it tells me to contact Microsofe. They want me to pay to
help me out. I don't know what happened to my IP address and my network to
get to the internet. I get an error to from bellsouth about TCP/IP binding.
Please help!

Without knowing your hardware configuration (it seems you can get online)
and what Microsoft Broadband Networking hardware you're using, it is a bit
tough to make a suggestion to help you. Have you contacted your ISP? If
you're getting an error from them about TCP/IP binding, they should be able
to tell you exactly what to do to fix it.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need help getting back online. My TCP/IP connection is screwed up. When I
> try to type ipconfig it tells me to contact Microsofe. They want me to pay
> help me out. I don't know what happened to my IP address and my network to
> get to the internet. I get an error to from bellsouth about TCP/IP
> binding.
> Please help!

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Am not good with computers, but am getting their. I use bellsouth DSL to get
online. Bellsouth told me to contact microsoft. When I type in IPconfig in
dos it tells me my IP address was not found, internal error, contact
microsoft. Can't I give the computer an IP address and subnet mask.

"Chris H." wrote:

> Without knowing your hardware configuration (it seems you can get online)
> and what Microsoft Broadband Networking hardware you're using, it is a bit
> tough to make a suggestion to help you. Have you contacted your ISP? If
> you're getting an error from them about TCP/IP binding, they should be able
> to tell you exactly what to do to fix it.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need help getting back online. My TCP/IP connection is screwed up. When I
> > try to type ipconfig it tells me to contact Microsofe. They want me to pay
> > help me out. I don't know what happened to my IP address and my network to
> > get to the internet. I get an error to from bellsouth about TCP/IP
> > binding.
> > Please help!

Sorry, Phil, I'd be glad to try to work with you to a solution, but you
still haven't said anything about your setup. Are you running any Microsoft
Broadband Networking hardware such as an MN-700 or -500 router? If not, you
need to post to a general networking newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web - IF you are running the Windows XP
operating system. Without details, we have several million guesses we could
make, all but one of which would not be helpful.
--

> Am not good with computers, but am getting their. I use bellsouth DSL to
> get
> online. Bellsouth told me to contact microsoft. When I type in IPconfig in
> dos it tells me my IP address was not found, internal error, contact
> microsoft. Can't I give the computer an IP address and subnet mask.
>
> "Chris H." wrote:
>
>> Without knowing your hardware configuration (it seems you can get online)
>> and what Microsoft Broadband Networking hardware you're using, it is a
>> bit
>> tough to make a suggestion to help you. Have you contacted your ISP? If
>> you're getting an error from them about TCP/IP binding, they should be
>> able
>> to tell you exactly what to do to fix it.
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> Associate Expert
>>

>> "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I need help getting back online. My TCP/IP connection is screwed up.
>> >When I
>> > try to type ipconfig it tells me to contact Microsofe. They want me to
>> > pay
>> > help me out. I don't know what happened to my IP address and my network
>> > get to the internet. I get an error to from bellsouth about TCP/IP
>> > binding.
>> > Please help!

ME

what good is your ISP if they can't help you...