Juddering when scrolling and moving pages.

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
April 13, 2005 8:29:11 AM

Hello,

After a MAJOR crash on my computer,it is now running.

But when I scroll down a page, it judders, and when the page is NOT
maximised, and I move it around the screen, it sort of stammers/judders, a
bit like waves going across the screen. Other then this it is fine.

I gave my computer to a friend of my brother, he's very good at fixing them,
he basically couldn't save anything and needed to format the drive. My
computer is a Time Computer, and at the time I did not have a TIME re-load
disc. So he loaded my brothers copy of XP, my brother as a DELL computer.
Could this be the cause of my problem, what if I used my TIME reload CD
(which as now arrived) would this sort my problem?

I also looked into Device Manager, and the following appeared:
its saying that the following things do not have drivers:

1, Ethernet Controller – Drivers Not Installed (code 28)

2, SM Bus Controller – Same

3, Video Controller (VGA Compatible) – Same

There was a fourth, but I put my TIME driver CD in and this one repaired
itself – Multimedia Audio Controller.

Maybe it’s because it’s a DELL XP programme?

Please any idea's of sorting this small problem (but annoying) out.

Thank you.

More about : juddering scrolling moving pages

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 12:59:06 PM

Update your video and monitor drives.
http://www.lavalys.com, this is an driver identifier and will locate you to
your proper update files

"DaveG" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After a MAJOR crash on my computer,it is now running.
>
> But when I scroll down a page, it judders, and when the page is NOT
> maximised, and I move it around the screen, it sort of stammers/judders, a
> bit like waves going across the screen. Other then this it is fine.
>
> I gave my computer to a friend of my brother, he's very good at fixing them,
> he basically couldn't save anything and needed to format the drive. My
> computer is a Time Computer, and at the time I did not have a TIME re-load
> disc. So he loaded my brothers copy of XP, my brother as a DELL computer.
> Could this be the cause of my problem, what if I used my TIME reload CD
> (which as now arrived) would this sort my problem?
>
> I also looked into Device Manager, and the following appeared:
> its saying that the following things do not have drivers:
>
> 1, Ethernet Controller – Drivers Not Installed (code 28)
>
> 2, SM Bus Controller – Same
>
> 3, Video Controller (VGA Compatible) – Same
>
> There was a fourth, but I put my TIME driver CD in and this one repaired
> itself – Multimedia Audio Controller.
>
> Maybe it’s because it’s a DELL XP programme?
>
> Please any idea's of sorting this small problem (but annoying) out.
>
> Thank you.

April 13, 2005 1:04:04 PM

Use the Time reload CD. It was illegal for you to use your borthers CD for XP
can only be installed on one PC. Thus your installation Keys do not match for
two different OS's.

!